The more things change...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MCMLXXXIII, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

I'm a regular reader of the often snarky TMQ feature on ESPN Page 2. In the article for this week he linked to a an old article from 2001(when the article was on Slate.com) and I was frankly amazed how similar it sounded to this year. Link:http://www.slate.com/id/2058258

It is interesting that the article is dealing with a disappointing Titans team coming off a season in which they finished with the best regular season record. Many of the same problems are popping up again for the Titans: problems with the running game, a suddenly bad secondary and the uncertainty of many players for next years team. No wonder this team hasn't made the playoffs in 3 consecutive season since moving to Tennessee, try as they may they keep repeating the same mistakes.

2. amy

amy Starter

Isn't that the definition of stupidity--you keep doing things the same way, thinking you'll get a different result?

3. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

4. amy

amy Starter

right you are But could it also describe stupid? I don't believe Fisher and Co. are insane but I do question their supposed brilliance.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wasn't the 2001 season hit with injuries? I know we lost our new safety first game.

6. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I reacall McNair being hurt a lot in 2000 and I believe 2001 but I stand to be corrected since I have forgotten whether my memory was any good back then.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yep, we lost robertson and denard to free agency and then robertson's replacement, myers suffered a career ending knee injury. To add insult to injury our NB sydney also went down with a season ending injury.

In week 3 i believe we lost blaine bishop ro a high ankle sprain.

We ended up starting safties who couldn't make the team in camp.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Steve mcnair only missed one game in that time. He started 16 games in 2000 and 15 in 2001.

2004 was the season in which he missed half the games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar