The Munch Era begins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by emong, Feb 7, 2011.

?
  1. Yes. I think Munch can get it done.

65 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No. Fisher 2.0 or worse.

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree that this was a somewhat "calculated" decision based on where the CBA negotiations are going (according to our FO)...which tells me that they are not going so well.

That said, I agree that it is good that this is settled (assuming this does become "official" today). I also hope that Munchak gives more rope to the coordinators and instills a little more discipline on the players (said this in another thread...).

I think that, assuming Dinger is really doing ok, he stays on as OC. Hopefully with some additional rope we will see more firepower from that side of the ball.

The key now is finding a strong DC who is not afraid to attack the ball. Could this be Mangini? This move needs to happen sooner rather than later IMO.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I know nothing about this guy. What kind of coach is hey? What should we expect on Offense and Defense? Is he a fisherball type coach?

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Knowing Bud, you can bet every assistant that Fisher "extended" will be on Munchak's staff. I wish we had access to a list of those assistants just for chiz and giggles.

I don't have anything against Munchak, he has paid his dues and does bring some continuity. However, I don't think he was the most qualified candidate for the job.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Well atleast Cecil is gone :)

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Lets go 17 years in one direction and then spin the wheel only to pick a guy who has been exposed his entire coaching career to the exact philosophy we just got rid of. Not the innovative pick for sure. Here's to hoping he picked up something new from some coaching clinics, watching playoff games while at home, or playing Madden. We can also hope that he has a better plan than what he used to improve the offensive line this past year.

Oh well not official yet but you know all the media spin has got to be coming out of the Titans camp so I'm guessing its close. Maybe they'll surprise at the last second.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If you think that he doesn't want to win then you're outside of your mind. As far as the offensive scheme, hopefully he'll do something Fisher never did: let the OC coordinate the offense.

7. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

How often did Munchak's name come up for other open HC positions over the past two years? Would you expect the Packers or Steelers to hire a HC with no recent OC or DC positions on their resume? I hope he does well, but I think we just got a selection for convenience and presents the organization the with cheapest, easiest transition. It is hard to believe this selection was because it presented the quickest way to the Super Bowl.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No one really knows... he was the OLine coach. All I know is that he was a hall of famer, and several very good players are tipping their caps to him. He will hopefully bring some solidarity to our offensive and defensive line, since he got to Canton by playing in the trenches. If he can do that, he's already good in my book.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Fisher wanted to win, but he placed a premium on not making mistakes and played not to lose. I want a coach that will try to put points on the board when they are up 17-7 in the 3rd quarter.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

While I will support anyone who is hired, I really wanted Sewell.

That having been said, I still think this is a hire based on money. Fisher signed all his coaches to extensions, and Bud doesn't want to have to pay those coaches, then a whole new staff if he brought in an outside guy. Munch is more likely to keep most of the coaching in place which saves Bud money. Don't be surprised however, if Munch fires more people than you would think.

I'm excited to see who he hires as DC!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar