The Munch Era begins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by emong, Feb 7, 2011.

?
  1. Yes. I think Munch can get it done.

65 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No. Fisher 2.0 or worse.

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

If he is the man I hope he does well, otherwise I can foresee a miriad of bad nicknames for the guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I predict 2011 will be the Titans' Zombie Season.

3. amy

amy Starter

Rewarding loyalty is not the way to go. Wanting to relive one's 'glory days' is not the way to go. Taking the cheap way is the wrong way. If he gives Munchak a one year contract to see what he can do, that's one thing, but to hire him long term is very chancy. And I hope they do not take this same approach when they look for a QB or lord knows who we will wind up with.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Usually, a head coach gets the opportunity to bring in his own people. If Munch decides to keep Dinger, so be it. But I hope Bud doesn't force him to keep all current assistants just because their contracts are guaranteed.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm willing to give Munch a fair shake as HC but must say I'm not exactly filled with enthusiasm over this (supposed) hire. It scares me that he's never even been a coordinator. It scares me that the FO only interviewed 2 people "out of house".

Much like the decision to keep Fisher for monetary reasons, I fear this decision was also all about the almighty dollar. If Fisher didn't extend all those coaches before he left would Munchak still be the guy right now? For some reason I highly doubt it.

But as I said I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now and support him. If he takes over and shows he's his own man and makes some positive staff/roster changes I'll be thrilled. If the exact same same staff is retained and it appears to be business as usual at BSP then it's gonna be tougher to get excited about the upcoming season.

I gotta say I'm really getting sick of this penny-pinching by Bud when it comes to the staff. Are you serious about winning old man or are you more concerned with maximizing your bank account?

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

First of all Jeff Fisher had his faults but he was not like some cancer that ruined everything he touched. He did win 54% of his games and went to one super bowl. Wasn't like Munch comes from a tradition of crap.

2 of Fisher's assistants got head coaching jobs in large part because of who they worked for.

Maybe Munch represents those positive things but less of the negative.

The biggest difference between Munch and Fisher? Munch is new and fisher had been here for a whole generation.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I hope this works out great. But I am concerned that next year when fisher takes another job, that we loose a lot more coaches to fisher. Therefore we could be starting over 2 years in a row, from a staff standpoint.

I hope he is allowed to make coaches moves now, and let the fisher loyalist go now, not later. The DC hire will be huge. I want to bring back an aggressive approach to our defense that we have not seen since williams left.

On offense we have to get CJ the ball in space, much like marshal faulk and brian westbrook. CJ cannot keep getting pounded up the middle and must be a part of the passing game. We all know we need a qb and lets just hope it is not KFC!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Something about how Steve Underwood does things makes me feel uneasy about this organization. But I just hope Mike Munchak doesn't become Mike Tice.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh I agree completely. My skepticism doesn't come from a lack of belief in Munchak's abilities as much as a lack of belief in the front office. Munch may very well end up being a great coach. I'm just worried the FO didn't really do their due diligence with this one. Seems like they knew Munch was their guy the very second Fisher left.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who would those coaches be? Washburn is already gone and Munch is now HC. Those were the 2 best coaches we had who would be loyal to fisher. Who else would you care about? Marcus Robertson? McGinnis? We want them to leave!

Fisher's Wr coach is already gone. RB coach? Who cares? RB coaches are a dime dozen.

I'm not sure what there is to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar