The Munch Era begins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by emong, Feb 7, 2011.

?
  1. Yes. I think Munch can get it done.

65 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No. Fisher 2.0 or worse.

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Jeff Fisher of today will NEVER sniff another Super Bowl. He's a completely different man than he was 10 years ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

1st - Run up the middle for no gain
    2nd- Run to the right for a 2yd gain
    3rd- Incomplete pass by Rusty Smith
    4th- Punt

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

See the thing is, I'm a fan. Not a hater. I'm 100% committed to whoever gets signed as our head coach. If it's Munch, then he gets a fair opportunity to show what he is or isn't capable of. I'm not going to be the DBag hoping he fails so I can say I told you so. Eff that.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

My hope is that he doesn't maintain the Fisher-mandated status quo... mediocrity and complacency. I'm willing to give it the ol' college try but I'm not willing to get my hopes up. We'll see how it plays out.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right because in 99 his job was on the line. Adams said he was tired of 8-8.

The problem is that once he had his great run from 99-03 8-8 became good enough to keep his job and he never felt under pressure to make significant changes.

Would be interesting to see how Fish does in a new place.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Fisher is gone. It's pretty clear that some of the other coaches no longer supported Fisher. I kinda feel Dinger, Munch, and most of the other coaches were in a separate group. Whatever Fisher did, it seemed to piss some people off (players included). I think the team is heading in a completely different direction.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Bud took the easy way out as usual, so this is not surprising at all to me. I have a feeling that money played a huge part in this decision; I'm disappointed in that. None of us have a clue what kind of coach Munch will be. I just pray that he's not going to take the Fisherball approach to coaching this team. It will be interesting to see who he choses to run the offense and defense. Many of you are forgetting that Dinger is still battling cancer and he may not have the physical or mental capacity to coach next year. I can say, with certainty, that I want both our coordinators to come from outside the organization.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The simple fact that NO ONE anywhere other than within team head quarters has a good feel for what Mike can do is a plus. Jeff Fisher and those God awful tendencies could be seen from 23 miles away in dense fog at night. A lot of people assume he'll be a Fisher-like coach, but he saw where that will get you. I'll have more faith in him than with Bud & Jeff. We should all be open to this if it happens. He's done nothing wrong. Well maybe he did do one thing wrong. Keeping Amano was more than wrong, but I told you guys that. Maybe I can get the job, I'll take less than $2.5M.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Munch got high praises from past players. Unlike Jeff, I think Munch will be much less hands on with his coordinators. Dinger will be able to open things up and whoever the new D coordinator will be, will have some freedom as well.

We have some very talented players, with the right direction we could be the most dangerous team in the league. It all depends on the QB.

We'll see if Vince is released today.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The biggest thing that drove me crazy about Fisher was his loyalty to veteran players who had obviously passed their prime (ie Nick Harper, Justin Gage), when there were young players on the bench who could play as well or better. I'm hoping this was a Fisher thing and that Munch will play the best players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar