The Munch Era begins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by emong, Feb 7, 2011.

?
  1. Yes. I think Munch can get it done.

65 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. No. Fisher 2.0 or worse.

8 vote(s)
    11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I wouldn't count on it, the team has already said they will try to trade him first. That cannot happen until the league year begins after the CBA is agreed on. Once the league year begins, we have 10 days to trade or cut him or we owe a $4 million roster bonus. I would expect you'll see him cut in that window after avenues to trade him are exhausted. There won't be many teams lined up to deal for him with $12 million owed next year when they can wait for us to cut him and then sign him to a more team friendly contract.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

It's official per Jim Wyatt twitter...Munchak is the new head coach..

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Can't say I'm in love with this hiring, but I also have admit I've been wrong about decisions the team has made in the past. Hoping for the best here. Maybe Munch can become like Mike Tomlin and Mike McCarthy and have a meteoric rise to the top. Every big name head coach had to start somewhere.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agreed.

Here's to hoping I am wrong too....

He has my support regardless of what I wanted prior to this.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I bet they do. It should be on all the local networks as well.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'm in the crowd that says if they really believe Munch is the best candidate then I'll support the decision. He's certainly been in the league long enough with a good track record. If anyone could make the leap from a position coach to a HC I would think an O line coach would have the best chance - football still centers around what the O line does. Add to that Munch's personality and impressive run as a player and I'll easily suspend my doubts if they hire him.

To be honest I'm more concerned about our DC. Our offense has been decent to at times very good. QB play on 3rd down has hurt us and game planning hurt us. But early last season we saw enough to know we could have a dominant offense. I think Dinger without Fisher is worth a chance, but our defense needs a complete makeover. I'm looking forward to that hire as much as HC.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't like it, but then again I wasn't happy when we drafted Chris Johnson either and that has seemed to work out ok.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar