The Nate Clements Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Titans | Clements talking to team
    Thu, 1 Mar 2007 23:34:44 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports free agent CB Nate Clements (Bills) is talking with the Tennessee Titans.

Browns and Niners are talking with him, too. Honestly I see our chances as being the best. Browns are habitual losers and the Niners...well...they might be our only real competition.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Money talks, who knows where he could go.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

He's gonna get Champ Bailey money. I hope he's worth it.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What I hope is that we don't sign him in order to dump Pac.

Rank order of scenarios.

1. Pac and Nate
    2. Pac without Nate
    3. Nate with Pac

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

the only reason SF worries me is that they have so much cap room, I think they're the only team with more than us

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I see the Browns being big competition. Players dont care if they lose or what not (Willie McGinist, LeCharles Bentley for example)

Nate grew up in Ohio and word has it he talked to one of his old college coaches at a bar and the coach is now a Browns coach. Dont count out the Browns.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

From PFT this morning:

"Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper reports that the Tennessee Titans are out of the running for cornerback Nate Clements.

Several teams are interested in Clements, and it could be that the price is too high.

The mere fact that the Titans were sniffing around Clements suggests that the Titans could be seriously considering life without Rain Man Jones."

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

So not even one day since free agency started, and we've already given up on Clements? Doesn't exactly invoke confidence in the rest of the offseason

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I have to put myself in his shoes. What do 'I' want? Money? Job Security? A positive team? And the altimate Super Bowl ring or two. Out of all the teams that are interested, which one fits my goals?
    Money- Which offers are in my interest range.
    Job Security- meaning, where can I stay healthy. Which team am I going to play on whereas I have no help, as to which teams have a balance where I'm not worked as hard. I want a long pain-free career.
    Positive Team- I want a good locker room. A trouble-free team relationship.
    Super Bowl ring- The ultimate goal for any football player, especially a player referred to as as 'vet'.
    There could be other motivational factors, but it all comes down to money, health, happiness and that RING.
    Would I take an offer of 3 mil to be on a team whereas I am the entire defense, half the team is on probation, and the team as a whole hasn't won anything since Nixon was president. Vs. taking 2.5 mil to be a part of a balanced defense, working with great friends on a team that has a shot at the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar