The New Batman

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by TitanJeff, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Affleck went thru a bad series of movie choices for sure. And he would be the first to say that and say he wasn't good in them. After seeing what he has done lately, I think he is a fine actor, director etc and certainly would give him a chance in the role. We are talking like they gave it to Jean Claude or Seigal (sp) or anything. After the mediocre reviews from the last Superman movie, I think Zach Snyder (who directed one of the worst movies I've ever seen) has bigger issues.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Are you saying Man of Steel was one of the worst movies you've ever seen?

I thought it was decent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You take part in Bad Movie Tuesdays too?

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

The current evolution of Ben isn't too bad - he fits a niche. Dramatic roles he can do quite well. Just the way some people are. Someone mention Jean Claude earlier - have you seen JVC? He's quite good in that. Of course, he's older, plays himself - essentially - and it just works for him.

Ben sucked ass early on. Didn't help Smith was his primary director - who is average at best and recycles jokes, lines and formulas a lot - and he focused on the "teen heartthrob" aspect of his career and was able to get jobs without trying.

Now that he's older and he's trying... he's turning into a damn fine actor/director. That said... he still fits a niche and, until after this, I don't feel Super Hero is that.

Time for him to show range. And, yes, Daredevil sucked for many reasons - and Affleck WAS one of them.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm just saying that for Batman you need a menacing figure to fill that suit, somebody with intensity, and that's something Affleck is NOT.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Affleck would have been better as Gordon. Fact is, Bale pretty much has his name on it right now. It will be another 10+ years before we even get a decent attempt at a Batman movie.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why the **** did Bale want out anyways?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I read someone making the case for Jon Hamm being Batman instead of Affleck. That's like the one guy who would be worse...

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

probably didn't want The Dark Knight to become the Avengers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And that's the way it should be! Enough of this "if a movie is great we kill it with sequels" and "if a movie fails we reboot it."

I'm looking at you The Amazing Spider-Man.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar