The new & improved Jason jones thread!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That is one of the most over used and non football knowledge comments people use and I simply don't understand the concept. OL and DL is about beating your man. Even if AH gets the double team the other DT still has TO BEAT HIS MAN! Just like last season with KVB getting all the attention Odom and LaBoy had solid seasons. But they still had a 300+ NFL OT trying to block them didn't they? They still had to beat the guy in front of them. It isn't like the OL just let them run free to the QB.

2. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

You are missing the point. If you can honestly say that having Hayneworth and KVB on the DL isn't helpful, then there is no point in discussing this. I did say that Jones has talent and gives a good effort - he uses those two things to "beat his man". What's so difficult to understand about that concept?

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree with above, that Mookie could eventually be a sub or replacement for Albert, if he improves. He's big, and looked good on Saturday.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I haven't said this to you in a few months, but I agree! :))

He looks like a stud.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He looked damn good, looked a lot faster then 280 but a lot larger then 280 as well...I'm not sure if that really makes sense but that's the impression I got. He's a tall, lumbering, quick on his feet lineman that could payoff at more then one position. I'd like to see him gain a few lbs and line up as DT next to AH all year. Kearse Haynesworth Jones and KVB...teams will be scared throughout the league.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I thought it was a solid pick, and after seeing some of his work, I stand by my original feelings. Like Colt said, he doesn't look as small as his 280 frame would like you to think, but he does seem to have a lot of quickness. That coupled with his long arms will help him greatly. I see him having a very solid rookie campaign, and a legit asset on a ferocious line.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

280. Small? :suspect:

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I love jones but keep in mind that he is taking advantage of the fact that he is lining up next to 3 guys that demand a heck of a lot more attention than he does. Still it is very impressive that he can take advantage like he has but we need to be patient and see how he does in the rest of our preseason games I have my doubts that he is going to be the force that AH is but he is a great compliment to him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

don't forget about tony brown. With Tony and Jones rotating...should be a pretty interesting situation.

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

That sig is killer...

You got the red eyed devil next to the mountain impersonating a pissed off man...

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar