The New York Jets...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

They brought in a bunch of guys who are past their prime. They are big names, but it's not like they are elite players. The Jets will be a good team, but they will be good because they have an excellent core of players. Additions like LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Cromartie and Jason Taylor won't make that big of a difference. People around here get too caught up on "big names."

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

I agree with Gunny and Toronto. They brought in a bunch of over the hill names. Cromartie is the only guy they brought in with some youth and quite frankly I don't believe he is a good player. He reminds me of Terrell Buckley. Way too much of a gambler.

I will say this however, it was a good offseason nonetheless. They improved their weaknesses and absolutely stole Wilson.

Kudos to their Front Office, but that still doesn't gaurantee them of squat. Last year the Giants had a better offseason in my opinion and look what happened to them.

3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I think they're the Browns from a few years back. The only difference is that their 9-7 season got them in the playoffs. They're getting tons of hype (3 MNF games) and will bust IMO. First of all, look at last season. They went 9-7!

Lost to the Dolphins twice, the Bills, the Jaguars, and the Falcons. The other two losses were to the Patriots and Saints so yeah. But look at those losses. I honestly believe that match ups got them to the AFC championship. They played a Bengals team that really wasn't very good and was pretty one dimensional. Then they played the Chargers who completely choked.

It's also worth mentioning that they beat the Bills by 6 and the KFC Titans by 7. They also got to play the usual stagnant late season Colts to get in the offseason.

I don't think any of their signings will be incredibly explosive other than Holmes who will miss 4 games. We all know that Cromartie is overrated and that LT is completely done. I don't even get the Kyle Wilson pick but they still get hype over it. I guess they'll have a damn good nickel package...

4. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I don't really have any inkling of care for that team but I gotta admit that Rex Ryan is awesome. Really good at lighting fire in his players' jock straps and getting them to PLAY.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My take on the Jets is that they were solid in 2009, and are still only solid going into 2010. They took two steps back by throwing away Thomas Jones, but added Tomlinson which is half a step forwards. Then added two starting CB's to total three starting CB's, another step forwards. Added an MVP to their receiver corps, another half step simply because the early suspension nullifies it as a good move. I don't look and them and tremble, but I do look at them and see them as an interesting team. My 2010 prediction has them again only winning 9 games, maybe 10 if Rex's coaching has to win a game.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I look at it like they made the AFC Championship game last year, and they got Cromartie, Holmes, Tomlinson, and Taylor. How doesn't that make them a better team? I know Tomlinson and Taylor are past their prime. But they pretty much got all these guys by addition and not subtraction.

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Sanchez- looked good at times last year and will improve
    Edwards- WR with good potential, especially after an offseason with the team
    Revis- nothing needs to even be said
    Wilson- yes, unproven (what rookie isn't????) but has great potential
    O-line- very good
    Green- great power back who's young
    Holmes- needs to clean his act up, but can contribute
    Rex Ryan- D is awesome; great blitzing and play calling

Even without Jason Taylor and LT, they are a great team with loads of young talent. Those guys could come in and contribute absolutely nothing and the Jets will still be good. Maybe not the best offseason ever, but definitely good to actually do something to make the team better. Sadly, we (Titans fans) have to be happy if we just manage to resign some of our key players, much less getting someone else decent in a trade or free agency.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

And if not for the Colts and Chargers resting their starters the final 2 games of the season, the Jets wouldn't even have been in the playoffs at all.

Let's not forget that the Jets were barely a .500 team in 2009. They have a dominant defense, yes. But their offense is surely lacking. And they are putting a lot of their eggs in the Shonn Greene/LT basket, which is pretty risky. Cutting ties with Thomas Jones seems rather short sighted if you ask me. And of course, Sanchez hasn't really impressed so far at all.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes they probably wouldn't have made the playoffs. I already mentioned that in another post... not sure where you got Chargers from. The Jets played the Colts and Bengals in the final two games.

They're going to be a better team than last year... and like I said, they were able to compete pretty well... and they've made some pretty good upgrades since then. I can't see them missing the playoffs.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

Yeah I meant Bengals. Both teams rested their starters the final 2 weeks.

They may make the playoffs, but I don't expect them to be the best team in the league. They still have the Pats and Dolphins in their division. If the Phins don't lose Pennington early in the season and Ronnie Brown later on, they might have been in the playoffs themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar