The New York Yankees

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ColtKiller, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Thats baloney man. That's simply how things go in MLB, and the Yankees are just playing by the rules. In fact, being a Titans fan and a Yankees fan is quite an experience. One team is dedicated to filling in the missing pieces, the other team is completely lackadaisical about it. I don't know about you, but I damn sure with the Titans front office operated more like the Yankees.

And how the hell can you say 'other teams do better with a salary cap'. 40 world series appearances? 27 championships? Gtfo. Best team in the history of North American sports.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The Tampa Bay Rays beat us in the division by 1 game. We were locked up in a 1 game footrace since July. No way you're convincing me 1 game doesn't matter.

And CJ has to play football 16 times a year. ARod has to play ~75 games a year on the road, not to mention at home. That's a lot of traveling, hotel staying, and work. Baseball is all about consistency and stats, it's like mathball. I love it. And I really think people who don't like it don't understand it.

And you can't 'just play one freakin game'. When you spend millions of dollars putting together a pitching rotation, the object is for them to be used. The NFL is based on parody, whereas the MLB is built around the better team winning the series.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You're an alleged Titans fan. Tell me you would honestly rather have the Titans FO then the Yankees FO running this team? There's no way. The Yankees do EVERYTHING THEY CAN DO to compete EVERY YEAR. The rules in baseball are the rules, and the Yankees play by them.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why not just be a Cowboys fan in that case?

I'm a Lakers fan. And yes, they do better than the Yankees with a salary cap.

Oh- and I can't wait to see the Yankees sign Josh Hamilton and Cliff Lee once they lose.

And people don't like baseball because it's a crap sport. Who can't understand it? It's one of the simplest games played.

1. The players are unlikable spoiled cry-babies. They're the highest paid "athletes" yet are at no risk of injury, can play out of shape, and have the easiest job in sports.

2. The season is too long. The same problem the NBA and NHL has. The games are pretty much meaningless for the most part. Anytime you can lose over 40 games and still make the postseason there's a problem.

3. Boooorrrriiiiinnnggg.... There's only one time in baseball where excitement occurs. Bottom of the 9th... outside of that it's painfully slow and nothing happens for most innings.

4. No players with star power like Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, Ocho Cinco, Owens, Manning, LT, etc. Who's the most charismatic player in baseball?... uhhh... Albert Pujols? Yikes...

It's a dying sport. And I'm pretty happy about that. The day we're not paying fat guys that werent good enough at other sports to walk around and do something for a total of 3 minutes in a 3 hour long game will be a great one.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm in a group on Facebook that sums it up perfectly. "Baseball isn't boring, YOU just don't understand it."

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

In other news NY wont go quietly and send the series back to Texas. I'm glad they finally showed some heart and stepped it up. Hopefully Hughes can get his stuff together and win game 6, I'd love to see a game 7 against Cliff Lee.

Meanwhile the Phillies I think are buying into their own hype. After they beat the Reds all they heard is "Philly is going to beat the Giants" or "Giants can't hit" or "Nobody can beat the Phillies rotation." Conversely the Giants heard it all too and are playing with a big chip on their shoulder. And Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels are a combined 1-3, not as great as previously thought against a team with "such a bad offense."

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That facebook group is stupid.

That's like saying "You don't like the movie Titanic because you just don't GET IT!"

Nothing to understand in baseball. Throw. Hit. Catch. This is a strike. This is a ball. Out. Safe. That's pretty much it... Easiest sport ever.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That's really not it at all.

And that's the opinion of the uninformed. Like I said, stick to hating the SEC, you're in way over your head talking baseball.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The dead time in baseball is killer to me. A three and a half hour football game feels so much shorter than a three and a half hour baseball game. They desperately need to figure out a way to shorten the games back to normal lengths.

Baseball is getting pushed around by the NFL in terms of popularity. Nationally, our MNF game wasn't very interesting, particularly because it was a blowout, and it still beat a playoff game in baseball. The world series is going to be less popular than the Saints/Steelers game in a week and a half.

I also agree that the season is too long and there are too many games. Cut it down to 40 or 50 or 60 and it gets more interesting.

I'm also continually amazed that in a less popular sport, where individual players matter significantly less than they do in football (1 star pitcher does not equal 1 star quarterback, not even close), they still make more money. Overpaid, prescisely because of the lack of salary cap.

Oh, yeah, and they all look fat and out of shape. Baseball players used to be skinny and fast. A series of Barry Bonds pictures of the course of his career basically signifies some of the sadness of modern baseball.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Oh, and I consider anyone who doesn't live within the 440 loop to be a bandwagon titans fan. You and Gunny aren't real fans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar