The NFL and CTE Brain Disorder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 3, 2014.

?
  1. MAN UP - NFL should stop wussifying the sport

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. CHANGE UP - I support strong action for safety of players

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. GIVE UP - Can't be fixed. Shut down football

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SHUT UP - There is no connection between brain injuries and pro football

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For years, the NFL covered up data of the longterm damage of concussions. For that, they should be held liable. But today, the dangers of concussions are known.

It's one thing to play not knowing the risks. Now that it's known, a lot of the burden falls on the players to decide whether or not it's worth the risk to play.

Having said that, the NFL would be idiots to not try to protect their players as much as they can. I think they are making strides with the on-field testing from an independent doctor, tests which clear them, etc.

Helmet technology will continue to advance but, bottom line, nothing is going to remove the risk 100%. At some point, players have to take on the burden of responsibility.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

But what I do not for the life of me understand is why aren't mouthpieces a MUST?!?!?!

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

was there a significant difference in leg boo-boos this year? or am I right, and those pads are mostly worthless?

They're enforcing silly pad regulations, and sock/shoe regulations, and the topic of severe head injuries has not really been addressed other than trying to penalize hard hits, and making people sit out longer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Chin strap and loose helmets are a problem that could have been fixed 20 years ago.
    Protective gear in regard to neck hyper-extension is needed. The Welker helmet can be adapted.
    I'm not sure what to make of NFL funding inflicting injuries to animals for study - if this is true I have a HUGE problem with it.
    The NFL is a bit more forthright at the moment because the cat is out of the bag but they aren't sharing all of their dirty little secrets..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar