The NFL labor agreement thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. TitanJeff

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

4. amy

amy Starter

Any man who agrees to cut his salary to a buck doesn't need money. They have enough money of their own to sit on it for a year, letting it make even more money while they argue that the bad economy is what is driving them. As long as they could increase their profits by double digit percentages, all was well and good. But now, in order to continue that, they have to cut somewhere. And guess where that is going to be. They refuse to take single digit returns on investments until the economy comes back. It was ok to pay the players big bucks, but now, when a little might come out of their profits, all of a sudden, things have to change. And of course it will, because people with the most money always win. always.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

All good articles. For all the fun talk about what players we could sign via trade or in free agency, it's gonna suck if there is really a lockout. I can see points on both sides although I lean more with the owners. Hope they are serious about using money to constantly upgrade stadiums.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- the owner's really need to be careful, particularly in regards to investing in new stadiums right now. It won't take much to alienate the season ticket holders, especially in the Titan's market with the product being low and HDTV games of other teams/markets readily available. I imagine that sentiment is nationwide.

And let's not forget how long it took MLB to recover from their own work stoppage. Owners and players both would do well to get to the table. The players need to relent on the 18% sharing unless they want to invest some of their own money in the league or various franchises.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kevin Mawae sounds dumb talking about - "an 18 game schedule is impossible." Isn't the schedule already 20 games? It's stuff like that that has me siding with the owners on most things related to the CBA. The NFLPA doesn't seem to want to reach an agreement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That is 2 more games that matter, where the best players will play 4 quarters. In preseason, the starters are scrimmaging for a half at most.

There is a lot more chance to get hurt in 2 more meaningful games.

Think if the Colts had to play 2 extra games with their roster this year. They were completely depleted by the end of the regular season.

They would have to make a bigger roster for sure, I'd say like 65.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

Whatever this owner/player ratio ends up being, they'd be smart to make sure it includes making preseason games half price without raising the prices of regular season games to make up for it.

I won't hold my breath.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Preseason is a joke. It should be 30 bucks tops for those things. It's not real football by any stretch of the imagination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar