The "obscene gesture"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The "obscene gesture" was no more obscene than all the non-calls by the refs. Orton was getting clobbered and Denver's O-Line started holding like crazy. No flags. Fisher, Heimerdinger, Cecil, and Bud Adams should have stood in unison and flipped off the refs. It still wouldn't have equaled the obscene game the referees called. Orton gets hit low, flag. Vince gets hit low, well he can just shake that off, right? The triple body-slam during the Steelers game? Why is this happening?

I remember last offseason when Kearse said our team may get blackballed by the league. I believe this is the defense Cecil was trying to install, and I believe Kearse may have been right, just not about last season. I think cecil needs to include some packages where we blitz the refs.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There is no conspiracy against the Titans.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

There is no conspiracy but in at least 3 of the games so far MOST of the borderline calls, challenges, have ALL gone against us. I can't think of even one borderline challenge or flag that has gone our way.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Heimerdinger should flip off Jeff Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

OK fine. Why is this happening? Vince Young gets murdered after the whistle is blown. Nothing. One of our D-Linemen breathed on Dixon as he was releasing the ball. Late hit. I would like an explanation from the league on this. I'm not holding my breath on that, but I would at least expect our coaches to fight some of this. Whether it's a conspiracy or coincidence is irrelevant. Either way, it shouldn't be happening. I was glad to see Cecil show them what he thought about it. I wish he had waited for a different play, one that was more obvious, but I'm glad anyway. Put some pressure on the league.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The reffing has been atrocious, and very rarely goes our way it seems, but what can you do?

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Don't forget about the two low hits on Campbell and Orton where both of our guys were falling to the ground from blocks by O-linemen. Also the non PI call on Washington from the player making clear contact while not having turned around to play the ball. I know what you're talking about with the non-holding calls in todays game though, I saw 3 obvious holding calls on Denver that were not called. Two of which were against Jason Jones. I guess there is no conspiracy, but damn, it's weird that we are always on the end of the officiating.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

[​IMG]

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I watched Ball get raped on non-calls. I remember one play in particular. I think it was Clady. Ball him beat, but he grabbed his shoulder pad and was dragging him from behind. The play was a screen. Ball spun around to tackle the ball carrier, but after running for about five yards, Clady clipped him in the middle of the back. Nothing. There was a ref right there. Nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar