The Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RTH, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

They gave Poutasi a lot of work yesterday, most snaps of hte entire team. they clearly want him to win the job. I wasn't really paying attention after the second quarter though anyone know how he did?

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We really need to start looking at available RTs as well as Center help. I'm ready for Poutasi and Warmack as our Guards, I don't wanna see LeVitre ever again.

Addition by subtraction

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

I completely understand everyone's frustration. The OL needs to get it together. But, it's not like FO has neglected the situation tho. I don't understand the hate. We've spent 5 draft pics on the OL in the last 3 years, including two 1st rounds pics. From what I remember most people on this board were very upset with the FO when we drafted Lewan. On top of that, they've spent top dollar on two FA additions. That's a big deal.

They're investments might not be paying off as expected, but it's not like they've been "stubborn".

It's the first preseason game. Let's see what happens.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I say grab Evan Mathis from free agency. Rent him a white horse and a lance, and let him ride in to the rescue.
    The guy is very good, and could teach these youngsters a thing or three about playing with attitude.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I hear what you're saying. Don't mistake me saying stubborn with previous picks (I actually loved the Lewan pick then and now). I am talking about this past off season. Poutasi was a strange pick considering his skill set, size, etc. he played left Tackle. We desperately needed a RT. by stubborn, I am talking about the fact that they are still forcing Levitre and Schwenke. Quality FA's and Players were available, and they felt the need to grab a DT, FB, and bank on Bell and a mid round rookie. That to me is not smart. Now, I like Fowler and maybe Blackson will become good (he is from where I live, so I'm pulling for him), but let's face it, all that investment and they still knew they had a lot of work to do on the line, like it or not. Everyone knows, you get your QB, protect him, then weapons. I liked our draft, but I am disappointed in the line depth etc. We can all only hope they start to gel. I can't remember the last time we had a good line. 2009?

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

WIESEWSKI WAS THERE FOR THE TAKING!!!

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

TJ Clemmings looks good so far, we could've had him about 8 times during the draft....thank god we took a fullback!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's amazing how bad this FO can be bypassing players...Collins is pancaking people, Clemmings looks good, and we have Blackson...A guy who likely won't see much time then a few snaps a game. Smh

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

It's game 0ne. Of preseason. Chill.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

It is... but still looks the same as it has for the past 5 years.

They have time to fix it... but it has been "first game of preseason" bad for 5 years.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar