The Official 2013 Titans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

get a good line!

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Glen Dorsey or DRC is nothing to dream about.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Dorsey is a bust, and I don't think Lacy falls to the 2nd round after the performance in the NC.

Other than that, that's a pretty good game plan.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yes i took over the main page im the newest reply to every post!!!

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think Dorsey is very good but he deserves a 2nd shot on another team. At worst he's a rotational guy with Casey and Martin and at best he lives up to some of that 1st round talent. On Lacy probably not but if another RB's stock goes up after the combine we might have a shot at him. If he is gone then would have no problem going DL in the 2nd and then RB in the 3rd/4th area with Taylor. I just want to add another young RB.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I like we are making moves!

Chris Canty - DL - Free Agent

Free agent DT Chris Canty visited the Titans over the weekend and also is scheduled to meet with the Chiefs soon.
    They are the first known free-agent visits of the 2013 offseason. Canty, 30, has experience at both 4-3 defensive tackle and 3-4 defensive end, the latter from his time in Dallas. He was an interior pass rusher and plugger with the Giants. Because Canty has already been released, he's free to sign anywhere immediately. Free agents with expiring contracts must wait until March 12.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd rather give Dorsey a chance than re-sign Question Marks.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

F'n genius right here...sign a big DT(Canty?) and a power RB as well and that would be the best offseason we could possibly have. Unlike many people, I actually do think Elam will fall to us in the 2nd...he will get passed on because of his size(and probably an average 40 time).

Locker/Hass/Rusty
    CJ/ FA back/Reynaud
    FB?
    Britt/Wright/Washington/DWill
    Cook/Stevens/Taylor
    Roos
    Levitre
    Velasc
    Warmack
    Stewart

Morgan/3rd round pick
    Casey/Klug
    Canty/Martin
    Wimbley/3rd round pick
    Ayers/4th round pick?
    McCarthy/Diles?
    Brown/McGrath?
    DRC/Verner
    McCourty/Sensaubaugh
    Griffin/Martin
    Elam/Comp pick?

Just look at the upgrades on the o-line and secondary...WOW

It's not like these moves are completely outrageous either. A couple signings and a couple good draft picks could seriously turn this team around I think.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd also like to pickup Tyrann Mathieu with our 3rd comp (or 4th). He'd be our #4 CB (fighting w. Sensabaugh for it) and can start at KR & PR. Then, next year ATV hits free agency, and we let him go. I like Alterraun, he's a good dude, but with DRC and McCourty making good money, we can't really afford him. Plus, we'll have Tyrann ready to step up in the nickle role, with Sensabaugh as a #4 CB.

With our other pick 3rd comp or 4th, we use it on ILB. Resign Spoon & Diles for OLB. As well as Tim Shaw (ST captain). I'd also use a 5th/6th on OLB depth (likely PS guy).

Ayers - Spoon - 5th/6th
    McCarthy - 4th - Shaw
    Brown - Diles - 5th/6th

As for runningback, Kerwynn Williams is my guy in the draft. Should be had for a 5th or 6th round pick. If you don't know Kerwynn look him up. Backup to Robert Turbin last year, and exploded this year. He's got solid hands, and can be a poor mans Darren Sproles. I'd also use some money on a vet RB, Rashad Jennings would be nice. Especially since his RB coach is now our RB coach. Also, Pierre Thomas is my #1 (if cut), but he'll likely cost too much. So, i'd like to see CJ - FA - Kerwynn, all 3 RBs I believe could contribute. Colin Mooney at FB, who can also take 1-3 carries a game as our short yardage dude.

If lost a want to resign Cook, that 6 mil he'll cost us could be used elsewhere. He's just never going to get it together. He has silly drops, cant block, then makes 1-2 good plays a game. I don't want to deal with that anymore. I'm sure he'll go to another team and drop 1000 yards on us. Instead, sign someone cheap... like Michael Hoomanwanui. We now have the best trio of blocking TEs in the league.

If Locker improves, that team could make a run at playoffs. We'd go into the next year with a couple holes, DE potentially (if Wimbley sucks again, but have a 3rd rounder fighting for time). FS? Goes Griffin suck again, likely a yes. WR.. Britt will be a FA and Washington isn't getting any younger. OT: Roos & Stewart hitting that 30 year old mark, time for a replacement? I could see us going WR 1st round and then OT in the 2nd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Tyrann Mathieu with our comp pick would be the shiznit...I'm also with you when it comes to getting a linebacker in the 4th. 4-3 linebackers always fall in the drafts because so many teams run the 34 these days, so we can probably snag up a good one in the early 4th.

I don't know about moving Diles to OLB, but I do agree Diles and Spoon are serviceable backups that we need to bring back. I always thought McGrath was a decent backup too.
    I'd prolly go more like:
    Ayers/Spoon/McGrath
    McCarthy/Diles/4thround pick/Shaw
    Brown/Spoon/McGrath

Is 8 Linebackers too many???

Also, I'm not against a late round runninback either, but I don't think I would want Rashad Jennings...he's ok, but I think there's a lot of RB's that are better than him out there. Jennings had his chance to get a good contract this season, and he failed horribly...

I also don't really agree with you on Cook...he's shown that he can be an elite TE in this league...he just plays much better when our team is actually competing. If we can get him for 6 million a year, I say we do it...if he wants more than that we'll tell him to not let the door hit him where the good lord split him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar