The Official 2013 Titans Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Appreciate it man! Just trying to do my part

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Marks makes for nice depth and was really impressed with Velasco actually. Bironas isn't mediocre he just doesn't have that big leg anymore.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I would keep Bironas, Matthews and Marks.
    I don't think there are any teams laying-in-wait to steal any of our players.
    Maybe we should pull another bonehead and put the franchise tag on Griffin again.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Top 3 guys I want in free agency:

Adam Levitre, OG, BUF
    Henry Melton, DT, CHI
    William Moore, SS, ATL

Chances of these guys even leaving their current teams are slim but these are the guys I want the most, William Moore would be the most realistic option unless Buffalo has less money available than I thought. Really can't see away Chicago lets Melton walk.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

So how about the interviews with Chris Johnson and Michael Griffin they weren't to confident on their return to the team next year. For whatever reason no reporter asked about it, they kept saying how their future is in doubt.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

I fully expect Jonson to be with the team next season .
    If Griffin is on the roster 5 days after the super bowl he gets A 1 million dollar roster bonus..which would most likely mean the titans plan on keeping him.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Velasco please.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I'm going to take a look at how much cap room could potentially have while giving my opinions on what we should do. Salary Cap~121 million, Titans Current Payroll~71 million

Current Cap Space~50 million

Jared Cook - Use the Franchise Tag on him if we can't get a deal done(-5 million)
    Xavier Adibi - ????
    Rob Rironas - Done
    Quinn Johnson - see Mooney
    Deuce Lutui - Resign as cheap depth(-$500,000)
    Sen'Derrick Marks - Better than he gets credit for(one of the only defensive players that shows leadership qualities, as well)...resign if the price is right.(-3 million)
    Kevin Matthews (RFA) - Daddy won't let his son get cut(-$500,000)
    Colin Mooney - I like him more than Quinn, but don't really know too much about either(-$500,000)
    Ryan Mouton - Let him go
    Darius Reynaud - Resign him, 4sure(-$750,000)
    Fernando Velasco - Resign to compete with Hutch for a starting spot(if price is right).(-2 million)
    Will Witherspoon - Resign if the price is right-great backup at all LB spots(-2 million)

We need to cut Amano.(+3.5million)

Updated Cap Space~39 million

*This is just a guestimation

We have a lot of cap space :pant:

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Hasselbeck could get cut as well..that frees up a good chunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar