The Official Black Monday Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fans are just angry right now. We'll get a lot of irrational garbage around here until we sign someone in free agency who gives some fans blind hope there's a bright future for the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its easy so people use it instead of using their heads

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

He's been known as a pretty hard guy to get along with. He and the front office did not have a good relationship. That is the main reason he's leaving.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He wins tho. Weak as owners prefer nice to winning? Lol ok

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There's more to this story than what we know.
    I bet he wanted a boatload more of money or something along those lines..

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You can't really blame Smith for any of this. He went outside of the organization, spent a TON of money on what we thought, at the time, were solid free agents, and his expressed desire to win. You can disagree with the Wiz hire, but it made sense at the time.

We haven't seen enough of Smith to know if he is going to be a competent owner or not, I do know he hasn't been frugal this last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Agreed. I think fans are just sick of losing and having nobody worth paying attention to on the team (Other than Casey). I sure hope they don't swing and miss at #2 pick this year.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I have to agree. Last year when we brought in our FA's, the rah rah and hope was high. Then we got completely let down. All free agents acquisitions are a gamble and we lost big time but we can't really blame the FO for that. Oher would be the exception.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We didn't make big $ signings outside of Oher, which failed.. Woods, Woodyard & Phillips were all small signings; we swung and missed on all 3 IMO, but they were low risks.. FA is a dangerous game, but I'd make one BIG acquisition if I was Titans this summer; Suh, Houston or Orakpo, and neither of these would be compared to anyone we signed last summer.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I was speaking more from a perspective of those players and their past production. Phillips was great in San Diego, Al was good in Pittsburgh, and Woodyard played on a SB team a year ago. Unfortunately we signed them at the end of their careers.

As far as the guys you named for FA, Suh can't seem to stop stepping on opposing players, Orakpo hasn't completed a season yet since coming into the league, Houston will get franchised the second the Chiefs can put it on him.

We can dream though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar