The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'd be more comfortable with Blount than the current CJ-less rotation we have now.

Ideally CJ accepts a deal and gets in camp.

I'm saying if Blount was on the roster I would feel much better about telling CJ to get bent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Ehhh it is early to judge how this year will turn out. Honestly looking at the schedule we should start the year 3-1.

Regardless CJ is not worth what he is asking. No RB is in my opinion. I just do not value the position.

I'd take the picks we could get for him and build on the defense.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Feel like I gotta do this before it spirals even more out of control.

The word we are all looking for is biased. Bias is a noun. Biased is an adjective.

We can do this, people!

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why is he not worth the $$ when you can ride a RB to victory? You can't get that out of WR's, they don't see the ball enough to take over a game.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Because you might ride a RB to a few victories but you wont ride one to a championship.

6. JCBRAVE

Why, the Super Bowl is only 1 game you know.. Peyton Manning won his only Super Bowl because of a RB. We don't need our RB to win us 16 games plus 3 or so in the postseason, just here and there. He doesn't have to be the backbone our of offesne anymore, we now have good passers. You're undervaluing the ability he has. C.J. shouldn't be our offesne they was he's been, he should be used like Brian Westbrook in Philly or Faulk in St. Louis. Not like Eddie George. Being used like that will burn him out like you're eluding to.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

No I refuse to over value a RB. He is replaceable. You could get similar results for half the money he is wanting.

Maybe not as good as CJ but then again RB isn't that important.

Saying Manning (the best QB in the league) rode a RB to a championship is a bit much.

8. JCBRAVE

Oh really?

Who else on gotitans.com agrees Peyton Manning owes his ring to Joseph Addai & Marlin Jackson? It was Addai who scored a TD giving the Colts the lead over New England, then Jackson sealed the deal to win it all with an INT sending Indy to the Super Bowl. The Colts then kept riding the RB's in the Super Bowl for 190 yards. WHEN DO THE COLTS RUSH FOR 190 YARDS!??

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'd say everything fell into place for Manning. His defense stepped up finally, he had an average rushing attack and they got the Grossman Bears in the Super Bowl.

Manning couldn't lose.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I love me some CJ, but he's pushing it with that kind of money. The value of a RB has declined with the evolving rules in the passing game, so I have trouble believing that any RB is worth $13M / year in today's game. Especially one that hasn't shown to be of much value as a dual-threat RB/receiver, who also might be a little undersized to have value as a dual-threat RB pounder/speed back.

He's still one of the best backs in the game, if not the best. He should be paid as that, but in a division with Manning and Schaub he can be taken out of the game pretty quickly with a couple plays in the passing game. CJ alone can't take Andre Johnson out of a game, but Johnson could to CJ. That's the way the league is today.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar