The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I hate this notion that somehow people who want to be compensated for what their worth, or simply want to be paid more is inherently bad. Don’t we all, regardless of our occupation want the same thing? The difference between us and CJ is that CJ is in the top 5 of people in the entire world (I would argue top 2), who are good at his particular job. None of us can make the claim, that we are the top 5 best at our job in the entire world.

Paying players is part of being in the business of football. If the Titans and Bud Adams don’t want to do it, they’re in the wrong business. I dare say however, that CJ makes the Titans and Bud MUCH more money than they’re paying him. He’s the player fans come to see. He’s the face of the franchise.

Another part of this whole situation that many people fail to mention is that the Titans have the option at any time to cut ANY player they want to if he’s not living up to their expectations on how he should play. So I think it’s hypocritical to say that just because CJ is under contract, he should report to camp, when the Titans are under no obligation to honor their side of the contract and can cut players whenever they want (and they do it all the time).

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

:beer2:

3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

This is looking like a Revis type situation which could go down to the wire without missing any real games.

If they pay him the guaranteed big bucks, will be interesting to see his desire and drive going forward

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm not concerned at all about CJ's desire and drive. He wants to win, and we all know he wants better stats than any other RB.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is easy to say that when you don't play any more and are sitting in front of the NFL Films crew, but if you study the history of the game, there were a LOT more contract disputes, holdouts, etc in those days than today.

6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

CJ is one the best catching RB's in the NFL is just that fisher was an idiot and keep running him right down the middle 30 to 32 times a game.That's what hurts me the most palmer needs CJ in camp to make the offense better new plays new QB new coach ect..
    Is Palmer really gonna be able to use him properly by week 1???
    Is CJ gonna learn the offense by week 1??

Both the titans and CJ are hurting each other.

7. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

listening to MR today on the radio I believe this will get done soon. And he also stated he wanted to sign CJ to a 5 or 6 year deal....

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

But you hate Vince for cussing out Fisher who wouldn't let him go back in the game?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

his thumb fell off

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

This...

:wakka:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar