The Official Coach Fisher Needs To Be Fired Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

As long as he continues to have Schwartz on his staff as DC and the defence continues to underachieve I will stand by my belief that he is ultimately responsible and if he can't get himself to get rid off Schwartz, then he needs to be gotten rid off instead.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny...

My post made it clear that he didn't deserve to get fired at that time but if we had another 4-12 type season he did. We are not having that type of season so he should not get fired. Duh..

I am not often proven wrong that is total bullcrap. I was the very first person on this entire site to suggest the possibility of drafting vince young. I'm not on a pedistal but if you want to put me there go ahead. What irks you is that i have the testosterone to have an opinion and you apparently don't most of the time.

At one point this team was 0-5 coming off a 5-11 year and a 4-12 year. What abnormal moron wouldn't be upset about that? I provide an opinion similar to many others but it is me that bothers you? Kami started this thread not me!

It's all personal you have proven that. You rarely respond to my opinion you just get mad that i have an opinion. Well if you want to get personal i suggest you go to titanscentral and get personal. Almost anything goes there and you won't be able to hide.:moon2: :moon2: :moon2: :moon2:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Roll, have you gone completely psycho? I haven't spoken to you in many bliss filled days, why are you addressing me now? And what about?

I stopped reading after your delusions of grandeur came to play.

By the way I'd love for you to prove that you were the very first person to suggest drafting Young (whatever relevance that has to anything?).

I may as well say I proved the theory of relativity.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher has done a good job..

After the early volek-collins debacle and the 0-5 start fisher has kept the team together by starting vince young and handling the haynesworth and pacman problems well. In fact we hardly think of those incidents any longer and both of those guys have been key to our winning streak. In addition to starting young we have an offensive coordinator who is willing to let him win games for us unlike the almost child like way they handled mcnair. The fact is we are not hiding young at all or protecting him. Vince is got more and more of the playbook available to him each week including something that was unthinkable in the late 90s with mcnair, an empty backfield.

Now it seems almost certain we will go over 500. Certainly no worse than 8-8. Note to gunny i predicted a 9-7 record for the titans this year. What was your prediction?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Note to Roll before the draft I said 9 - 7 at best.
    So suck it.

Now I shall bring up the Proof that Fisher sucks thread.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Earth to gunny..

I never denied saying that fisher sucks. Again why not? We were 9-28 over a three year period at one point. I go by what i know at the time. Again i was not the only person ragging on fisher. I did not start this thread. What is so damn hard to understand?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny, kiss this!

:moon2: :moon2:

12-03-2005, 03:29 PM

RollTide
    JAZZZZZZ

Vince young...
    Let me ask you guys a question. If you have the 10th pick in the draft and a young micheal vick is sitting there available to you grab him knowing what you know? Vince young is pretty much the same type of prospect right? A great athlete who can run for 500 yards a season but might never be more than an average passer. Do you grab him?

History has shown you can win a lot of games with a great running-average passing QB. The falcons certainly have and so did the titans with a young steve mcnair. In 99 mcnair would have fit that description and we went to a super bowl with him. In 99 steve had a very mediocre passing rating of 78 but ran for 34 first downs and 8 touchdowns in just 11 starts. Over a 2 year period the titans went 29-8 overall with an average passing game in part because our quarterback was able to run for almost 30 yards a game and kept the chains moving because of his legs.

Now one could retort by saying that the titans succeeded in 99 and 2000 because of defense and a pro bowl runningback but are those not the necessary ingrediants for any successful team with any type of QB? Even john elway needed that.

Finally i refer to a rare exellent point made by john madden pertaining to micheal vick. He said that one of the reasons the falcons run the ball so well is that the DE and sometimes the weak side linebacker on the right side of the defense have to line up wider than normal in order to contain vick who likes to roll to that side because he is left handed. In short vick's legs cause teams to loosen up that defensive front allowing them to run inside.
    A great running QB can slow down a pass rush and can force teams to play zone more than they want. Often teams are forced to waste a potential pass rusher or cover guy to act as a spy tp keep a QB from running wild.

If vince young is there i say take him.

-----------------------------------

Find a post earlier than 3:29 pm 12/3 a full month before the rose bowl that endorces the drafting of vince young. This is the starting post of a whole thread i started at that time.:moon2: :moon2:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

12-03-2005, 03:28 PM
    Gunny
    Protect. This. House

I say we draft Vince Young
    :moon:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Quote me where I said you started this thread? Quote me where I even spoke to you at a time that wasn't months ago? And quote where I accused you of saying Fisher sucks recently?

What is your problem? Paranoia has seriously overcome you? Apparently everything I say have some sort of connection to you now.

Sheesh get a life. :moon2:

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

It is sad that there are some people that just can't say that they might have been wrong about something or about an opinion. Instead, they just continue to insult, deny, and fling dung.
    What a sad life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar