The Official Coach Fisher Needs To Be Fired Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny....skitch..

What world are you living in? I never denied bashing jeff fisher. Everyone was bashing jeff fisher! That's my point about saying it wasn't me who started this thread. Is this an intellectual concept too hard to understand?

We lose 28 of 37 games and people will complain. Duh! That doesn't make you wrong if the team then wins 6 out of 8. You react to what is happening at that time. I never predicted we would suck forever i just complained that we were losing too many games for the talent we had. An opinion obviously shared by many others none of which was ever attacked by gunny or accused of having a napolean complex.

Skitch, your post is so sissified it's laughable. If you don't think your little hero gunny isn't throwing dung then you are blind.

2. FBT

FBT Starter

Fisher is a solid head coach, but you really need to look at how many winning seasons your team has had during his tenure both in Tennessee and Houston.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

4 winning seasons..

eom.......

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

And that's Fisher's fault? Bad cap management, injuries... Ain't nothing a coach can do. For the first time in a while now, we've been mainly injury free, TEs not withstanding... I would love to see us play the Jets or Dolphins now and see what happens...

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sure there is

you can rotate personell - Hill and Thompson should have been replaced weeks ago. Same for Schwartz - he should have been demoted / released

some injuries (like to our O-line) have only helped the team improve

it's all in how a coach decides to utilize the personell he has to work with
    -and JEff hasn't done all that good of a job with it

EXAMPLE : 2 words - Kerry Collins

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Not to mention that all teams have to deal with injuries, in fact this year we're better off injury to starters wise than most teams in the league, but as Puck mentions the only place we've become significantly better is on O-line were we've been hit worst by injuries.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sledge..

I simply disagree. Fisher has to be held responsible for losing as much as when we are winning. Just because the situation isn't ideal is an excuse to suck..

The point you responded to is simply that when a team is 9-28 it should be expected that the coach be criticised. I didn't think he did a good job at all in 2005 and we didn't need to start this year at 0-5. Since then however he has done a good job and i made those points in a post i wrote today on this board. He started young, let chow handle the offense the way he wanted and handled difficulties(haynesworth,pacman) very well.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

OK, fair enough, I agree with that, but you can't replace players when you have nothing to replace them with. This isn't HS or college, what, you want Nickey and Woolfolk in there? On Thompson, I'd definitely give Lowry or Fuller a shot, and I'd even put anything instead of the useless Hill...

9. FBT

FBT Starter

The Jaguars currently have Donovin Darius, Reggie Hayward, and Mike Peterson on the IR. That's three KEY starters on the defense that are out for the year.

Marcus Stroud missed 5 games in the middle of the season this year with an ankle/foot injury.

Brian Williams missed 1 game and was hampered by a hamstring injury.

Rashean Mathis was slowed by a hamstring/hip/knee issue this year.

Still, the Jaguars defense continues to be one of the elite units in the NFL.

Injuries happen to every team. How the front office stocks the roster with quality depth is what matters. Even a cap strapped team can afford the type of depth the Jaguars have. It comes down to coaching these guys up to fill in for the starters when they go down with injuries, especially season-ending injuries.

I've always thought Jeff Fisher was a good coach, but a little bit overrated. Especially when you look at the number of winning seasons he's been able to orchestrate in his years with the Titans/Oilers. Good coaches have been fired who had greater success.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Oh I wasn't saying Fisher is a saint, just that you shouldn't expect a coaching change to make all that much of a difference... As you said, he's done a good job since week 6 of turning this team around and showing who the leader is... Hopefully that continues. Having said that, he should be kissing VY's feet every so often for single-handedly making him look good... :moon2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar