The Official Coach Fisher Needs To Be Fired Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sledge..

Not bashing you but i never called for fisher to be fired during the season. I always said that if we didn't turn things around and finished with another horrible 4-12 type year he should be gone but never said he should be fired before the season is over.

Now that we are 6-7 and headed for 8-8 or 9-7 his job is secure and he does have vince to thank for that but he could have been stubborn and not started vince.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

RollTide

Welcome back dude :slap:

I really couldn't give a rats arse about your opinion on anything.

You are however a highly entertaining member of the board.

:biglaugh:

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I stand by my original position. I never jumped on the fire Fisher bandwagon but everyone knows I started the fire Schwartz bandwagon three years ago. Honestly, I can see why people say keep him and can understand arugments for those that say it is time for him to go. Personally, I believe Fisher deserves a good bit of credit for our success in the late 90s/ early 2000s. True if he had been less conservative we would have had a better chance at winning the superbowl but again he deserves credit for getting us back in the game. He also deserves some credit for the teams recent success because they did not totally fall apart after the offfield (Pacman) and onfield (Haynesworth) incidents. However, I agree with the argument that he is winning despite himself because if Bud hadn't forced him to play Young we would be 0-13.

I have said before that the combination of Fisher and other coordinators has for a fact provided good results. So I can't say that Fisher isn't effective. The jury is out on Chow. Vince skews the curve. But Schwartz has GOT to go. I stand by that. If getting rid of Fisher is the only way to rid ourselves of the Schwartz and get a DC with testicles :ha:, then I say show Fish the door so he can take Schwartz with him.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Funny!!!

:))

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress..

I really couldn't give a rats arse about your opinion on anything.

You are not an entertaining member of the board.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I agree...

We can win the Superbowl with Fisher as HC.

We will NEVER win the Super Bowl with Schwartz as DC!

Reese needs to be 'let go' as well.

Gut

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Don't you know a compliment when you see one :ha:

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

My complaint about Fisher is he is always showing why plays didn't work on his show. People out of position, missed assignments, etc. Well who is he calling out but himself? It is the coach's responsibility to make sure those things don't happen. Are we drafting total idiots or are they just not being prepared correctly? It certainly makes you wonder.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gut......

We can win the Superbowl with Fisher as HC.

We will NEVER win the Super Bowl with Schwartz as DC!

Reese needs to be 'let go' as well.

Interesting concept about winning a SB with schwartz. How would schwartz have prepared for the rams in that super bowl? Certainly we wouldn't have played it the same way. Could even schwartz have screwed up the 2000 defense? Probably not given what we got in 2002 and 2003. Maybe in playoff games fisher takes a more active role.

I disagree with firing reese. While he has made some bad picks mostly on defense he also drafted vince young, roos, brandon jones, stewart, bell, williams, scaife for the offense. He has also done a decent job getting fill in guys to help like brown, conover. Pacman is starting to look like a great pick.

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

were winning the superbowl next year with all the people u just said above. so hah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar