The Official Coach Fisher Needs To Be Fired Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I like Fisher and I wish him the best but he's obviously lost this team. Nobody responds to anything that he's done. Like I said, sometimes coaches need to move on. Somtimes change is just good.

As for rebuilding, I think we should be much closer than we are. We just aren't exicuting. Penalties, missed easy catches, missed tackles, bad play calling, leaving your best QB on the bench, and just an over-all flat mentality are all atributes of poor coaching. We don't take care of the little things during a football game. Even young untalented players can make fundamental catchs, learn to tackle, and learn to be diciplined enough not to draw penalty after penalty. It's not a coincidence that good coach's win most everwhere they go.

2. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Well maybe with your extensive NFL Coaching resume you could give him some pointers...:)
    We all know that things are bad and I highly doubt you were vocal about how you've always hated him and his coaching style when we were winning, It's a mess and it starts from the top down we all agree, but bringing up mullets and stupid things of that nature don't prove your point...

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It is time to clean house. The re-building has gone nowhere. We are actually worse this year than last year. The 2003 draft was a bust, we missed on a "star" with our 12 (count 'em 12) picks in 04, and 11 in 05. We basically remain at ground zero on the re-building with not much in the wings except Young, Tulloch, maybe Fuller.

The choice not to re-build our O-line sooner and stronger will keep us from having any real ability to score for 3 more years.

I remain a Titan fan. As a fan, the team's play, the coaching staff, the home-game experience is unacceptable for my investment. There needs to be a demonstration from Bud that he finds it unacceptable as well. Definitely fire Floyd NOW!- he is the source of our current lack of personnel. If we go 0-6, fire Schwartz- give it to McGinnis. If we are worse than 1-10, fire Chow. If Fisher gives any attitude about cleaning out his staff- Fire Fisher, promote McGinnis as interim HC and BUY GREGG WILLIAMS at the end of the season.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I would look form some reaction from Bud pretty soon. I don't think he'll set back and stand for this without saying anything..

5. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Fish needs to face the facts- he loses nothing at this point by starting VY, nothing. Even if it effects his confidence, he will bounce back and be stronger for it, AND we will at least be building for next year. Even at his worst VY can get a first down.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

When I look at it this way, I'm okay: If Vince Young gets 12 starts this season, I'll be happy. When I think how long it might take to get there, I get frustrated.

7. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I look at it his way.....Fisher's loyalty to his coordinators will be his undoing. I think he can still coach but I don't have any confindence in either of the coord. so far. If he doesn't see the light and make a change (not many usually happen mid season but we'll see) then he will be gone next year. Maybe that's what this team needs is a changing of the guard all the way around and most likely starting with Reese whose bone headed drafting in the past few years is partly to blame for the debacle of a team we are fielding. I am a Titan fan and season ticket holder but I have no problem saying or admitting that we just plain old, outright SUCK right now. I think we are in a 3 way tie for the worst team in the NFL and we need to make a change of Coord ASAP.

I also think that we might as wel go ahead and let Vince start and see what he can do. I don't expect any miracles this year and realize that he is going to throw some INTs and cost us some games while he learns. But he also gives us the best chance to win with our lack of an O'line.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

HE SHOOTS!! HE SCORES!!!

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't blame Floyd Reese, I blame the Coaches who can't figure a way to make these guys learn how to play the game.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think Reese is probably gone at the end of the season. Calico and Woolfolk having had their full chance, that's a complete draft busted.

I think it's too early to ask for Fisher's head. The Panthers and the Dolphins are both 0-2 as well, both with very good coaches. If the season continues this way, that will change.

Chow may not be cut out for the NFL. I got excited about him, but it doesn't look like it's working.

LT and Hill should be benched as a message. Have Fuller start and either Woolfolk or Finnegan replace Hill. Show the team that EVERYONE will be held responsible. Chris Brown should be cut. (Maybe that's an overreaction, but I'm really starting to wish we'd traded him). White looked decent, give him some more reps, and keep Henry going as soon as he can.

Put the WR on the Juggs machine and don't let them stop until them make 25 straight catches. If nothing else, they need better hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar