The Official Coach Fisher Needs To Be Fired Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

I have never seen a coach stick with players who have no
    buisness starting ,Collins,Hill,LT.
    He cant admit when hes wrong ,he said his qb depth chart
    is the same ,has he gone crazy?he needs a check up.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

currently, I am leaning towards making Fisher GM/Coach, firing schwartz and getting a D-coord that will install a scheme that uses more speed and blitzes more...

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Why would you cut your most producive back? Just because White has one 8 carries 22 yards game?

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I didn't really watch him much yesterday but in the opener and in the preseason Brown couldn't run more than 2 or 3 plays without having to come out for air. As a NFL runningback you have to be in better shape than that. He probably shouldn't be cut but it's not like he's been some great RB...when was his last 100 yard game again?

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Unless there is some drastic improvement, i think the Jeff Fisher era has gone the way of Steve McNair, Eddie George, and Frank Wycheck, among others.

...but who would be a suitable replacement???

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

When was the last 100 yard game by ANY Titan back? I didn't see White tearing it up out there yesterday and I certainly didn't see Henry tearing it up last year.
    Fact is we have 3 very talented backs, but an O-line that can't runblock to save their lives (or as is the case, the lives of the backs).

7. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

We dont know what talent we might have, these coaches would make ALL PROs look like bush league scraps.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Notice that I said that was an overreaction. I don't think he should be cut. I do think he's incredibly overrated. I also think it's unlikely that he can be successful on our team this year. We don't have a strong line to make holes for him, and brown is not a power runner. He's not going to break a tackle, EVER. His stiffarm has disappeared, and so we see him running into a wall, then falling down. I can see Henry or Brown pushing through for two or three yards, but brown doesn't have enough room to run the way he usually does.

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Question, If were capable of wining the last 11 of 12 games why did we lose the first four? I have always been a supporter of Fisher but right now on the seasaw and it leaning heavily toward the Trump side.

We didn't finish the season strong until after Bud Adams put his ***** on blast. I believe his words to the media were, "we were outhcoached." You can thank Bud Adams for that turnaround.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It was 2002 and we were 1-4..

That 2002 team had lost kearse to injury but we still had #9, eddie, mason, rolle, haynesworth, godfrey, hopkins, schulters, bulluck, wycheck, sirmon(pre injury), robaire, carter. In short we had the players and the QB.

The poor start in 2002 tells us something because even a team with that QB, all that vet leadership still played almost as bad as what we saw yesterday. I remember clearly that redskin game that took us from 1-3 to 1-4. We were dominated top to bottom by an average team at home that had patrick ramsey looking like a future hall of famer. The previous game was against the raiders when we gave up 52 points!

We had the talent to turn things around that year and we rallied around #9. Who do we rally around this time?

Jeff fisher has a built in excuse by starting young here on. We go 5-11 and you can say what do you expect we started a rookie. We go 5-11 with collins and he can pack his bags.

I don't want fisher fired now after the season unless they decide on a guy who is a hot commodity and feel they better get him early.

Note: it was 10 of 11 in 2002..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar