The official Corey Dillion or Michael Turner thread..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goawayschwartz, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

dillon, experienced

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I really see Turner being the next Lamont Jordan. A back that was primarily a back up to a great back that showed potential, but when given the starting postion could not carry the load

3. i think that hes a lot better than lamont jordan was as a backup

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the key is his abilty to break tackles (don't make me pull that back out)
    alot of people want to credit the line and Neal and gained most of his chunks in mop up duty - but in the vid, he rarely followed Neal and the run v Chicago was early and was due to broken tackles ,not the line

5. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I like Turner a lot because he has a lot less wear on him. Only 150-odd carries, but enough NFL experience to know how to practice, train, pass block, run against NFL defenses, etc. Good long-term solution. If we get him, I think we'll be in much, much better shape at RB than last year.

Dillon would be a very fine stop-gap and cheaper, but we would be more at the mercy of Lendale's conditioning habits. I'd be happy either way.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just saw a mock that had us taking Chris Henry (ironic huh)

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wouldn't mind him just depends what round.

Back to the Turner or Dillon ? I like Turner and want him on our team but I don't want to give away to much which has me leaning towards Dillon as the better choice. I think Dillon can give us one more productive year and provide at least a stop gap solution to our running game. He also give us a backup plan should LW fail. If LW does well then we know if he's good or not without giving up much except some money. We can basically use this as LW tryout year and see if he is a long-term solution. If not we have Dillon to help out and look for our new RB via FA or Draft next off-season.

Dillon has some juice left and he proved it in the playoffs with good games and some suprisingly long gains. The only way I wouldn't mind getting Turner is swapping firsts and giving away a 4th round pick. Then hopefully Houston or Charles Johnson falls to us. But I don't want a situation where we don't have all 3 first day picks.

8. Nash

Nash Starter

IMO we should sign Dillon.. 1) he'll be a lot less expensive, 2) he gives Lendale a chance to develop maybe even help him develop so that we don't waste a 2nd round pick, 3) we need to draft BPA at every pick.. if we have Dillon and assuming Long plays some DE and Givens makes it back we can do that 4) next year's draft is loaded at RB

9. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i agree, i really like turner, but if we have to GIVE UP one of our first day picks i would rather not. Dillon provides a nice, short term solution so if LW is a bust we can use Dillon, and then after this season we can get us a nice healthy young buck RB via draft or free agency if LW isn't the starter we want him to be.... i like that plan alot....
    ALSO if we DID swap 1st rounders i am not too sure if we can get the same quality WR @ 30 than @ 19

10. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

i think turner would be fantastic..but we barely added anything noteworthy in FA so i think the draft picks would be a great help to this team. im happy if either come aboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar