The Official Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Laron Landry...

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

He is definitely a solid receiver, vastly underrated IMO.

3. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I wish, but I see the Redskins throwing the bank at him.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think we're fine @ Wr heading into next season. Re-sign Hawkins and when Britt's healthy we'll have a solid core of receivers. Maybe pick up a late round receiver for depth and bring back Avery.

I agree with some of the posters who want to focus on our line. I believe an off-season will do wonders for Klug and Casey who I hope will be our core group for years to come. A mid-round pick could provide some depth for the rotation. I feel our real concerns are offensive line. We need to cut Harris, Amano, or both and address that area in the early rounds or through FA.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Griffin played ok today. And if you go back and look at the tape he had some hard hits as well. Believe me, I've been as tough on Griffin as anybody, but I don't see him as a major concern heading into next year.

You can't have a star player at every position so we need to focus on our biggest needs and work on building our franchise through the draft.

6. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

i posted this on the Draft thread but since this is the official offseason thread ill post it here too.......

Well now that the season is over what do yall think about this offseason.

re-sign-Ahrmed Hall / Craig Stevens/ Lavelle Hawkins / Mike Otto / Fernando Velasco / Jason Jones / Malcom Sheppard / Patrick Bailey / Tim Shaw / Courtland Finnigan / Jordan Babineaux

Cut/let go-Eugene Amano / Jake Scott / Dave Ball / William Hayes / Barrett Ruud / Michael Griffin / Chris Hope

Sign-Paul soliai-DT-Some of you may be wondering why but he is a big (6-4 355) run stuffing DT that can plug up the hole and take on double teams for the LBs

Draft
    1st-Peter Konz-C-Wisconsin (assuming he declares)
    We need a good C really bad and Konz has been dominating this year

2nd-Markelle Martin-FS-Oklahoma State
    Griffins replacement, this kid can hit and is solid in coverage.

3rd-Kevin Zeilter-OG-Wisconsin
    Our replacement for Scott unless Velasco proves ready

4th-Joe Adams-WR-Arkansas
    He can compete with Williams for 3rd spot can could really help spread the field if Britt goes down again. he can Fly (ran 4:34) and always catches ball in 1st window. The only knock on him is his height (5-10)

4th(comp)-Shea McClellin-DE-Bosie State
    We lack a pass rush and McClellin can be a excellent situational pass rusher along with Klug

5th-Terrence Ganaway-HB-Baylor
    We need a big back to go with CJ and he certainly that at 5-11 240. He is one of those running backes that if you dont get him first he will get you late. He had a great performance in the alamo bowl with 200yds and 5tds

6th-Julian Miller-DE-West virginia
    Very solid DE prospect that can do everything. He would be a Steal if he falls to the 6th.

7th-Matt Daniels-SS-Duke
    Temporary Backup and developmental SS behind babs

Roster would be

QB:Locker/Hasselbeck
    HB:Johnson/Ganaway/Ringer
    FB:Hall
    WR:Britt/Williams/Hawkins
    TE:Cook/Stevens/Graham
    OT:Stewart/Otto
    OG:Harris/Velasco
    C:Konz/Matthews
    OG:Zeilter/Velasco
    OT:Roos/Stingly
    WR:Washington/Adams/Mariani

DE:Morgan/McClellin/Sheppard
    DT:Casey/Smith/Marks
    DT:soliai/Klug/Clayton
    DE:Jones/Miller/Sheppard
    OLB:Ayers/McGrath
    ILB:McCarthy/Shaw
    OLB:Witherspoon/Bailey
    CB:Finnigan/Verner/Hawkins
    FS:Martin/R.Johnson
    SS:Babineaux/Daniels
    CB:McCourty/Campbell

sorry for the extremely long post :D

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I like the draft a lot, but we need to address DT. Oline had their way with our DTs way too often this year. Casey is a solid starter and I'm excited about his future. Now we need someone to pair with him, love Klug, but I don't see him as an everydown DT.

8. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

you didn't see i had us signing sione Pouha from miami?? Big DT to eat up double teams to free up our LBs

9. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

my bad, overlooked the Pouha signing

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Watching him today was like watching him audition for a new job. Hope he gets it. We need a FS that plays hard every game, not just the last game of the season. I've said it before, he has the skill set of Sean Taylor, but a terrible attitude. We've seen what he can do, but he just isn't willing. What would motivate him? I get the feeling he's soured on the franchise.

We've already got his replacement on the roster. He just needs to be re-signed. Babineux. Babineux for FS and replace Hope. that's the direction I think we should go. Maybe we could try to get Branch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar