The Official "Someone Needs To Get Axed" Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Despite what the title may say, I think we can all agree that we should keep this fairly objective, with logical and sound reasoning for such idea.

Riiight...:ha:

Nah, in all seriousness, this is the thread to discuss who needs to go in the offseason. Whether it's a player, players, coaches, hell, GM if you really dislike Reese that much. Try to think of some good, plausible replacements.

Drop your thoughts.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Go to go : Schwartz
    Replacement : anybody with any knowledge of defensive football

(at this point anybody looks to be an improvement)

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. jim schwartz. we've given up 21+ points since he's been here. plus, i just dont like his sit back style.

2. zach pillar. he was never really special, now he just sucks. i was at the jax game today. everytime there was a run and he would be on the backside, it was his man making the tackle from behind.

3. justin hartwig. i've never been a fan of his. he can't play with someone head up on him. although he has kept the penalties in check this year.

4. lamont thompson. i was a big fan of his when we first got him. he just isnt very good. he takes bad angles, doesnt play the ball very well, and when he does get to the ball carrier he doesnt tackle them.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

1. Jim Scwartz: I'm beginning to think that this defense's ability to play at a high level is for a bunch of reasons. However, I'm still not convinced he's what we need. He wants a head coaching job, and apparently, there are teams that want him. Let's compromise and cut ties now.

Replacements: Singletary (DC San Fran)

2. Kassell: I like his mentality, but he just does not have the athletism to be a quality starter in the NFL. Keep him as a backup maybe, but I want a new starter.

Replacement: Draft (Maybe Hawk).

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

1) Hopkins - cap figure too big; good guy; go to go - Replace with Roos.

2) Lamont - tough; just got signed to a nice contract; may stay, but if Tank looks like he'll regain form, and if healthy, we have Fuller for FS, plus Marcus Randall may be a decent backup. A vet would help here. (Could almost swing and lose Tank, try Lamont at SS, or use vet and let LT compete with VF.)

3) Tony Beckham -- buh bye. Replacement? Who cares?

4) Olson/Piller - one has to go. Bell or Stewart replaces.

5) This one might spark some debate. Travis Henry. If Nash, who is cut in his mold, plays like he played today but against real competition, is there a real need for Henry? Yes, if TH is destined to take the starting job from CB. No if next year we're in for more of the same two-headed shame-fest at the running back position.

6) Hartwig. His agent is a jerk. We won't have the time to deal with their crap in the offseason. Amano replaces.

7) Kassell/Sirmon - one will be gone. If we get a stud OLB via draft, Sirmon could move inside or get cut. If we get a MLB, Kassell is gone. LB has to be upgraded.

8) Bironas missed an XP in a game that don't matter. Gonna keep an eye on him. His staying is not guaranteed, though he has been okay, in a season that didn't matter.

9) Volek - got to go to get us a draft pick and free some cap space.

10) Gardner. I almost said Nickey. These guys helped themselves on STs, but Gardner's got to go.

11) I don't know who I'd replace Schwartz with. Until I know, I won't call for his head. Is there a "defensive genius" out there who doesn't want to run a 3-4 defense?

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Me and Fishy likea da Singletary. Think we can trade them Schwartz for a draft pick and Singletary? I'll take a fifth for him.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The problem is, I think he wants a HC position.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hopefully we fire him.

9. THE53

THE53 Guest

1. Both the safeties.
    They are soft, cant tackle, and can't play in coverage. In other words, they are not good. We should start over at safety, and play Fuller at free safety and draft a mean strong safety.

2. Piller
    He is a complete jerk and always gets 15 yard penalties. Throw Bell in his spot.

3. Sirmon or Kassel...or BOTH
    Man, I don't like these guys at linebacker. They are too slow, and not mean enough. We have to draft someone like AJ Hawk and find a middle linebacker through free agency, or also draft one, but I dont know if Bulluck woul;d want 2 rookies starting besides him. I think we can keep Kassel, but Sirmon has to go. He is always injured anyways...

4. Im not saying to drop him, but DREW BENNET has to prove somthing to me. He hasn't had a great game all year, and has more 1 and 2 catch games than 6 and 7 catch games. He drops passes all the time, and just cant play #1 reciever in the NFL.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Since he can read offenses, I have to wonder if Sirmon isn't better suited in the middle. We need the experience, and if I go with that, Kassell has to go. Get me a stud like Hawk or Greenway or DeMeco to put on the outside and let's try Sirmon in the middle. Or give me Brooks or Hodge for the middle, and I'll give Sirmon another year to return from his ACL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar