The official Vince Young sucks and we should start Collins thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

According to Sirius NFL 2 minute drill we are bringing Chris Simms in for an interview (as is NE and one other team- I can't remember).

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd rather McNair...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

People here have short memories and need to read some threads from Collins' first few games in '06 and his 3 passer rating.

Young must improve but he's a key to the Titans future success. To improve, he needs to play. Let's hope it is a sprain that only sidelines him for a short time.

4. mh1978

mh1978 Guest

It's the first game of the season and yes he threw two interceptions but come on give the guy a chance.
    He actually threw a couple of passes that I would expect a child to catch but they were dropped,that can't give the VY any confidence because even when he does throw a good pass it bounces off the receivers chest or out of their hands. He must be thinking what does he have to do throw it softly underarm so these guys can catch it.
    The receivers need to step up and catch the ball. When they get the basics right and VY has confidence in them then we will see him take it to the next level and start playing.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's the exact thing I said to Bipolar at the tailgate before the game...they just need VY to not turn the ball over, and they could dilfer their way to the Superbowl...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And how bout dat tailgate? :yes:

I don't eat that good when I go out to restaurants.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, I think I'm pretty much done with Young. He can win me back over, but he has to at least grow up. I didn't mind Young's dismal performance as much as I minded his reaction to his dismal performance, which pretty much sums up why he continues to perform dismally... his emotions. We don't need a bipolar QB (sorry bipolar:))), we need a QB with amnesia. In his third year in the NFL, he still wears his emotions after a bad play in the same mold an eight year old pop warner player does after making a bad play. Maybe we're going about this wrong. Maybe we should offer him icecream to "do his best".

Why not Collins??? From what I've heard and seen, he's in the best shape of his life. He came in the game and threw two very catchable balls, and to my complete surprise, both were caught. Anyone still holding beef about his '06 performance needs to remember he was signed less than a week before the start of the regular season, and was plugged into the role of starting QB. If he can play better than Young NOW, then he should be playing NOW, because this team's one glaring weakness, as of right NOW, is the passing game. Collins is definitely not a long time answer, but he could certainly be the short term answer. Maybe long enough for us to draft and groom a new QB, when/if it comes to that.

My solution???

Place Young on IR (two to four weeks my ***, the effects of this injury will linger all season). Allow him to learn from Heimerdinger. Extend Collins. Sign Chris Simms or some PS QB to a one year contract. Draft time, draft a first day QB. Allow Young, Collins, and the newcomer to compete for the starting position in TC and preseason.

Basically, stop giving Young a pass because he's the "future". Right now, the future looks bleak at QB, and he very well may not be the "future". I say let him earn his starting position next season, the same way he did his rookie season. May be the motivation he needs to focus and eventually get his emotions under control. Being humbled can change a person's entire outlook.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think under Fisher and Dinger, if you take what the defense gives you, the QB position shouldn't be that hard. We just need a game-manager, if KC can just keeps the mistakes to a minimum, we may be a very efficient offense. MAY, we just need to let our defense control the game by staying fresh and playing smart offense.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

I think the two consecutive plays summed it up for Vince. Vince throws a five yard pass...hits the receiver in his hands and the guy drops it. Next play Collins comes in...throws basically the same pass...the receiver runs 40+ yards....and Collins looks far superior to Vince. I'd be frustrated if I were Vince too.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It's a conspiracy:gag: Wide Recievers of the world unite to coup against Vince Young.:wink2:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar