The Official who is picking the Titans Thread..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Brian Baldinger picked us on NFL Playbook. He said the speed of our defense was underestimated and felt we were capable of finishing it out. Said our running game would be a key to our success. Said we have great patience with it, and can have success against SD run blitzes. He also said there is just something to the way the Titans play.

2. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I certainly wouldn't bet the house on us, but I think it will be a pretty evenly matched game. I would pick us to win if Vince is healthy (no lingering effects) and AH can make a significant contribution. If Collins is forced into action or AH is out, I think we struggle.

I would also like us to exploit some spread offense, but I am not too sure that is going to happen. The run game is struggling, we don't have a go-to receiver, so force them to cover the whole field, and I think we could put it to them.

Anxiously waiting for gametime...

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am pretty irritated how many people are not only picking us to lose, but to be BLOWN out.

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I would be VERY suprised-and disappointed-if we get blown out. I think it is an even match up. Let the haters hate, and we will see what happens on the field.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's even more than you know.

Titans Offense Rank
    Yards - 311.7 (21st)
    Rush - 131.8 (5th)
    Pass - 179.9 (27th)
    Points - 18.8 (22nd)

Chargers Offense Ranks
    Yards - 315.3 (20th)
    Rush - 127.4 (7th)
    Pass - 187.8 (26th)
    Points - 25.8 (5th)

We are very very very similar to the Chargers offense, except they make use of their opportunities to score. Plus their demolishing of Detroit would have helped.

Defensively we are much better in Total, Run and Pass Defense than they are. But they allow less points.

6. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I heard Jim Mora on Total Access say something to the effect of;

"If I were a betting man I'd definitely put my money on the chargers. This is the ONLY game this weekend that has a clear cut winner."

Tis dude's dog picked us...
    http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10333081

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

sorry... I love this clip!

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All things even, the Chargers win. It is just too much for the personnel on this Titans team to get a win in a play-off game 2 time zones away when playing LT. I just don't see it happening in a "straight up" game which Fisher loves to play- especially against this team.

Thing is- nobody can predict injuries, turnovers, weather or bad calls. So, IF it is a wet field and/or LT gets hurt then I think we've got a 50% chance depending on turnovers, game changing ref calls, and ST play. It COULD happen- we'll just have to see if we get some breaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar