The Official Will Witherspoon Movement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we might just do that and sign a Thornton/Witherspoon type.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think DQuell is a little undersized, too (hang on, let me look it up...) Yeah, GBN has him listed at 6'0"/225 lbs. AND he's a middle LB. I think the Titans WILL draft a LB in the first day, but I think the thought behind picking up Witherspoon or Thornton (both OLBs) is to move Sirmon to the middle. And draft another MLB to take his place next season, since he's in the last year of his contract. It might work...

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

If the Titans sign a free agent like Witherspoon or Thornton, they will move Pete inside. In such a scenario, I don't see the Titans drafting a MLB until the 2nd day of the draft.

4. I am fully believing he will. This healthy beginning during training camps etc, will be productive for him. He will reinsert himselfand reinstall the coaches, press and fans belief in him. I believe the coaches believe in him a little more than the press and fans do, but pure undoubted performance will make everyone believe.... Look for it, you may not expect it, I do, but it doesn't matter, look for it.... It will happen.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Witherspoon is a Ram.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Too bad we can't use Schoebel at linebacker, since he's getting no play at DE.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Spencer and Reynolds are the two heaviest LBs on the team. In particular, Reynolds is a MLB (242 or so, I think). I wonder if they are thinking of starting him in the middle. He did have a good blitz once from the middle position.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

D'Qwell Jackson is undersized, but he doesn't play like it. He has some of the best numbers (stats) for a LB in the draft. If we get him, we won't regret it. If we do sign Thornton and move Sirmon into MLB it would make a little more sense to use our 2nd pick with an O-lineman or RB (Addai) or Safety, but I still like Jackson here.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Yeah, I do think DJ will be a decent 2nd rounder, even if we can trade down and maybe pick up a number three on top of that one...

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thornton now a titan!..

5 year $22m deal. The titans are no longer shopping for a linebacker.

Note that i, rolltide have been talking about brining thornton here for over a month. Not that my friend kami had a bad idea at all with witherpoon for some reason he never came here. It is sweet to take away from the dolts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar