The Only Reason VY Won't Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

as I see it, the only reason Vince will not be our starting quarterback is that the coaches have full knowledge that the offensive line cannot protect him.

If they had confidence that they could protect him and keep him from being hurt, he would be starting.

Even though the Chargers did not get a sack, if Vince started he would probably get hurt.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ya know, it appeared that the line did a better job in protection with Vince in there .... call it crazy, but I think the line plays different w/ Vince

3. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Now I didnt watch the entire game because I was embarrassed but I thought the line did ok, for us atleast, in protection today. How many sacks/pressures/etc. did they have?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

0 sacks. collins was pressured a bit but i thought roos did a bang up job against merriman.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Honestly I believe Vince would seriously outperform Collins if he got the nod, but I do question if he can stay healthy behind our line. Even if they did seem to pick up their blocking toward the end, you also have to realise the Chargers had 2nd stringers in there and were playing softer than early in the game.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd say Vince has out performed Collins anyway.

7. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yeah the pass protection was actually pretty decent... run blocking was emberassing though.
    i get the feeling everybody plays better with vince too.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Roos did well, as did Stewart. The run blocking was kinda horrid.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I tried the Kerry Collins way. get him out of here. They should really reconsider Billy Volek. I don't think Volek could do any worse. I agree with the premise of this thread. Our coach should not think that way. That is a bad sign.

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

one good thing that could come from this... stewart played well...
    therefore... bell can move inside to guard... right?!?!?
    the coaches have to see that.

pillar got wade killed today because he is slow and old. they blitzed about 8 people on a screen.... and pillar didn't get outside to block in nearly enough time. you cant run a screen without blockers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar