The Only Reason VY Won't Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Actually I think that was Roos, but seriously that was just a great play by the CB, no lineman could have gotten there in time.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I dont think we usually pull our tackles

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Aikman and Carr lived through their rookie seasons with ****ty teams. I dont know how Carr did it, but the Titans' OL is not quite THAT bad. Vince should be given the reigns and allowed to learn, for better or worse. Pick up some line help and a CB in the offseason, and try to make a run next year.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Vince is a playmaker, and he can run, so I would not be worried about our o-line not protecting him. But they were one of the few bright spots, because they didn't give up any sacks.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

VY is oging to do much better with our OL than a guy like Collins who is standing in concrete back there. Besides, VY is a better passer anyway from what I can see. He just needs more reps.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The law of expectations..

Maybe the players know that with collins in there we can't possibly win.

W clement stone took $100 and starting combined insurance company that would eventually be worth billions.

One day a young salesman called stone up and asked if he had some choice leads. Stone said sure he could pick up the names at the secretary's desk each written on an index card. The young salesman sold 8 out of the ten!

Can i have some more of those great leads the salesman asked? Sure said stone but you can get them as well as i can and then he handed the young salesman a phone book. The young saleman didn't understand. Stone then told him how he got the names at random from the phone book.

Understand? The saleman EXPECTED to sell insurance to those people so he did. After getting his own names from the phone book he couldn't sell a thing because he didn't expect to sell them.

The law of expectations says that if you expect to succeed you probably will. This titan team expects to fail and they are giving themselves plenty of reason to keep thinking that way. Just like last year..

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

That's not crazy at all. These things happen all the time, with the o-line protecting a qb better.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Everyone plays different when Vince is in the game.

It's also the only way to bring the team to its full potential.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Also, apparently, our defense will tank to the bottom of the league because they'll be on the field so often with Collins at the helm. Vince Young's the only way to prevent this I fear.

As soon as the coaches realize this, he'll be in for good. :yes:

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I disagree with that. It seems the play calling changes when VY is put in vs what is called when KC is in. VY has a set number of plays that he is familair with and that is what is called. With KC in they are trying to do the whole playbook which IMO is stupid since he still doesn't know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar