The Passing Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

- Kerry Collins went 22/35 for 244 yards 1TD and 1INT (63% Comp Perc)

- Kenny Britt had 4 catches for 85 yards
    - Justin Gage had 7 catches for 78 yards and a TD
    - Bo Scaife had 5 catches for 48 yards
    - Nate Washington had 1 catch for 8 yard :(

Bo Scaife was hurt for almost the whole second half.
    Nate Washington still is being bothered by a hamstring injury.
    Jared Cook didn't dress; not sure why.

AND WE WERE PLAYING PITTSBURGH!

Those numbers are pretty good for playing one of the best defenses with or without Troy! If KC throws for 244 yards and a TD and Chris Johnson and LenDale White do better that's a very good offense.

Is anybody else excited about our passing game this year? With a healthy Washington and Scaife along with Cook playing WOW! I'm really happy with Britts performance and Gage did drop a couple and still did well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

hope Bo's ok..but yea if we give Kerry time our passing game will be light years better than last year

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. We looked able to move the ball at will through the air, and on the ground too. Until it mattered at least.

We neglected Nate. He could have killed them with slants, but we'd rather throw screen passes to the slowest receiver we've got for losses. (never understood why we do this. It never works)

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Britt was very nice today.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Aside from that ugly pick (which was KC's fault), KC played pretty well last night. I was happy.
    However, WRs dropped a couple of easy passes. I noticed that our O is missing one thing in order to win games like this...clutch playing ability.

6. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Passing game looked good my only concern if you Blitz Kc Woodson for the Cowboys said that's what they would do all the time to him. You could see he struggle with that throwing the ball away and throwing off his back foot. If we could get better on the blitz pick up we would be unstoppable.

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I only got to watch the 2nd half, so I didn't see our offense too much. One thing that I didn't like though was on our last drive of the 4th quarter when KC threw two back to back passes away. I know he had pressure on him, but that just can't happen when we have a chance to drive down and go for the win. I think a few things go into it, such as bad playcalling and pass protection, but I would've liked to see KC take a more active role in trying to make something happen- either trying to run or making a slightly risky pass. That's something I respect VY for, though I know both QBs have their strengths and weaknesses. I just feel like we were way too conservative (even for Titan standards) on offense and defense in the 2nd half and OT. Again, I didn't see the first so maybe things were a lot different then.

KC can be our starter and I will support whoever's starting, but he needs to step up in crunch time and take control of the game. Especially when CJ only gets 16 touches, and about a quarter of those inside his own 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar