The perfect trade down could be coming....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

AP reports it now seems that the Vikings will trade troubled QB Daunte Culpepper to the highest bidder, which could be Oakland or Baltimore, in early March. The Raiders have the No. 6 pick and the Ravens No. 13 in April's draft. Arizona and Miami also could be in the running. Raiders owner Al Davis has an affinity for reclamation projects. Moving Culpepper for at least a first-round draft pick and a bona fide starter would solve the Vikings' quarterback conflict, allowing QB Brad Johnson, who would be 38, to start in HC Brad Childress' West Coast offense next season. The Vikings then would have to use a first-round pick to draft a QB to develop and sign a veteran backup, perhaps free agent QB Chris Weinke of the Carolina Panthers and St. Paul. You have to wonder whether Culpepper's recent 45-minute phone conversation with Childress went sour.

So I'm thinking Raiders trade #6 to Vikes for Culpepper, reuniting him with Moss. They trade up with us to get a QB -- we then own #6 and #17.

There's a lot you could do with that.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what kind of cruising is available in the SF/Oak area?

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The only way we trade down is if someone offers us their whole draft......The "top three" are too good to pass up on. If we have a shot at Vince or Bush, there's no way we trade down. Why make the youngest team in the NFL even younger?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how the hell can the Raiders afford Culpepper? They are over the cap by 30 mil i think.

5. danny

danny Guest

Don't Moss and Culpepper not get along ? Wasn't Culpepper the one that said it "was time for Moss to go" ?

6. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

We trade our pick away on draft day if VY is gone.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree it's going to be hard to get Reese to trade down, but I think the number 6 AND 17 picks would do it.

That being said, I doubt culpepper's going to the raiders, and then I doubt the vikings would trade both of those picks to go up. Why not just pick up cutler at number 6? That's before detroit and Miami would get a shot at him. Now I can see one of those two trying to trade up, but maybe not as high as us...

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not if Reggie is there.

9. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Or Leinart. I'm amazed how many people have suddenly decided this guy isn't good. Makes no sense at all (and I'm not talking about you, Gunny, just posters in general). There is a very good chance Matt Leinart will be a better pro than Young. Leinart will be a big star in this league, and I think Young will be too.

Culpepper is a huge gamble at this point. He suffered a devastating knee injury and isn't likely to be ready to even try to play until late next season. For a guy who is so reliant on mobility, this injury could derail his career.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

like drafting LenDale White and Jay Cutler !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar