The perfect trade down could be coming....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If it's Bush or Young I'm looking at, I definitely sit. If it's Leinart, I'll be glad to take him in the end, after I've listened to every incoming offer.

Anyone can bust. Aside from translation of talent, it could all end with an injury. It's all dicey.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Davis would find a way to do whatever he wanted to do. I wouldn't put anything past him.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Or DeAngelo and Jay :brow:

Reese should definitely consider a good trade down.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We don't need someone's "whole draft." That wouldn't happen, and you're right, we don't need the rooks. But it's kind of tempting to think you can get two first round players especially when your number one choice, whoever that is, might be gone.

Cutler/White
    Hawk/Huff
    Ferguson/Cutler
    D. or M.Williams/Greenway

I myself would rather stick at #3 - I'd take Leinart, too, I think.

Rather than trade down, I'd still like to trade Volek and Henry - both could go to the Vikings as well. Not the best system for Volek, but the Vikes need QB if Culpepper is traded, and they clearly need a RB as well. Not going to happen, but if I could sell the Vikings on those two for pick #17, I'd take #3 and #17 and go for Young/Leinart/Bush and then look for D.Williams/L.White/D.Ryans/M.Huff/C.Greenway/M.McNeill, etc. I'd actually take pick #49 for Volek/Henry in a heartbeat as well.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

There's also a couple of Vikings players we could pick up in a trade, like Corey Chavous, or one of the WRs - Travis Taylor/Koren Robinson. I'd say Nate Burleson, but I doubt they'd give him up.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Culpepper in Oakland? How bizarre.
    They are just adding to the freak show...

Randy and Dante had a tumultuous relationship at best in Minnesota.
    What the hell is wrong with that guy?

He has terrible ideas...

...but if we can get #6, #17 and Minnesota's third rounder...
    I better not end up wondering in three years what
    life with Vince Young would be like...:hmm:

7. maximus

maximus Starter

In the event that this trade did happen, check the draft out

1(6)AJ Hawk
    1(17)DeAngelo Williams
    2(?)Omar Jacobs

That would be an awesome draft but doubt it would happen

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd have to say I could live with that.

9. titan west

titan west Guest

Corey Chavous is ufa

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Update, not that this is necessarily better:

"AP reports another circulated trade rumor: QB Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings' second-round draft pick to HC Dennis Green's Cardinals for Arizona's No. 10 overall pick and S Adrian Wilson. The Vikings could also package controversial CB Fred Smoot with Culpepper in a deal, allowing them to re-sign free agent CB Brian Williams."

How about #s 10 and 17 instead? Sounds good for Cutler/White.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar