The perfect trade down could be coming....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

That trade would make more sense because Culpepper knows Denny Green's offense and did some some numbers in it

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't see Leinart as a franchise player like Bush and Young. If bush and young are gone, then it would smarter to trade down for other high quality player combos like GLinks listed.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Jacobs is seriously overrated and I'm willing to bet he doesn't make an impact on ANY team in the next 5 years.

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

5. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I can't see any team giving up the #6 and #17 pick for the #3 pick. If Y'all think Cutler is such a great QB that Y'all would pick him in the first, don't you think they may be willing to get him and keep the other pick for theirselves, since your premise is that they need a QB so bad.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i it's safe to say the #3 will be more valuable if it's Reggie Bush

7. 2 words: Herschel Walker... :ha:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe he meant "never" AGAIN

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

In the end, it's the player a team covets. The value chart is but a guide to that end. If a team wants a player badly enough, they'll pay to get it.

But moving on, it may not be Oakland anymore apparently. If it's the 10th and 17th picks the Vikings hold, that is only "overpaying" by 50 points according to the chart. But given that it'll be Leinart, Bush or Young we're talking about, that's really like going for #1 overall, regardless of our team's position. And teams have historically overpaid for #1 overall caliber players.

See Starkiller post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar