Rumor The Peyton Manning Sweepstakes Round 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 13, 2015.

?
  1. Hell Yes

27 vote(s)
    46.6%
  2. Absolutely Not

31 vote(s)
    53.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With the firing of Denver Broncos head coach John Fox its now being rumored QB Peyton Manning may be out in Denver. If so profootballtalk on NBC's Mike Florio has identified 9 potential landing spots for Peyton Manning, and of course the QB needy Tennessee Titans are on top of his list.

Link

I personally disagree with not being able to compete with the Colts. The Colts are still what they were with Peyton, a QB driven team. Not another soul on the Colts roster elevates that team to where they are without Andrew Luck. Take out the head (as Greg Williams might say) and the body falls. In 2011 we all saw how awful the Colts are without a QB, theyre still very much that same team.

Tennesse fans talk about Manning someday owning the Titans, well acquiring Peyton Manning is exactly what the Titans need, for today and tomorrow.

#1 JCBRAVE, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...manning-part-ways-could-he-end-up-with-titans

It's a pretty big stretch and just alot of assuming and what ifs. But it could very well happen. Peyton could come here and play 1 or 2 years, let Mettenberger sit and learn for Peyton. Peyton is still a great QB, just sucks in playoffs. This likely would turn Wright and Walker into stud targets, hopefully Hunter too.

Then once Peyton retires he can take over an exec role like Elways is for the Broncos, or heck even buy the team. Remember all those rumors that came out a while ago?

Pickup Peyton, take Leonard Williams at #2, OLB in the 2nd, OG in the 3rd... pair with some decent other FAs like Devin McCourty & Dan Williams. We would actually have a shot at a playoff spot next year.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Great thought/idea, but I honestly don't see it happening. the funny thing is, I would love to see him in an ownership role in TN more than being a player. I like the grooming idea, but I like the fact of getting rid of Tommy and everyone below a whole lot better!

#3 JR1980, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. xpmar9x

Oh yeah, it's a huuuuuge stretch. I'd rather have him and that CEO of Fedex just purchase the team and get Tommy out of here.

5. xpmar9x

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Shoulda added a poll

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I honestly don't see how getting Peyton Manning can hurt the Titans in any way! Sure, he only has maybe 1-2 years left...but that's not why you go and get him. You go and get him to share his wisdom, act as a leader, and potentially turn this franchise around/possibly ownership. Not to mention, it brings attention to TN and actually makes them relevant again.

8. JCBRAVE

As some here may know, Ive been advocating for us to make a move on Philip Rivers (another over the hill QB with limited time remaining) so this is a no brainier for me. In fact, this is even better (assuming Manning is eventually cut) because it will require zero draft picks, so its a small risk. No reason not to jump in if this event comes to fruition.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

no way in hell he will ever voluntarily play for us, he would be admitting he's given up

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar