The plan for Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Is anyone else concerned that we don't have a clear plan for our #1 pick?

I have seen Reinfeldt say that he might play corner, Fisher say that he could play either safety position, and in a separate interview Fisher intimated that he would start outside (CB).

I would have hoped that there was a clear, concise plan as to where you intend on playing a guy you consider to be worth the #19 pick in the draft. I can understand Fisher not coming out and saying that Lamont is a backup straight away, but at least tell us where you intend playing him and let us join the dots.

The last 1st round pick we selected because of his flexibility to play cornerback and free safety worked out real well didn't he? (Brian - insert comment here)

If we are going to plug him in at safety, I love the pick. If we are going to try and teach him three positions and not upgrade an obvious deficiency, I question it.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He needs to play safety. It's where he's most comfortable. For all we know he might not even be able to play corner, and if he gets shown up, there goes confidence along with touchdowns.
    It's pretty simple: Replace Lamont Thompson with Griffin. But knowing these guys, they'll find a way to leave Reynaldo Hill playing the #2 db position, and Lamont sitting back there watching people run by him.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Griffin will play Safety.

4. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

Fisher is not going to name him as a starter to any position until we get closer to (A) ending training camp if he proves to be phenominal or (B) after pre-season. Why would you, the unknown will contribute to the competition for positions and force guys to work harder for starting roles IMO. I would even go as far as to wanna see the competition last through preseason before naming the guys trying to earn starting roles.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well, I think the versatility comes from Griffin's ability to come in and play cornerback in emergency situations. Let's say when Jones comes back, and he is hurt late, they could sub Griffin on the outside or inside to play corner. However, I think they plan to use him as a Free Safety alongside Hope. I would be very surprised if they drafted him as a permanent corner prospect...

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Should be like this no question.....

Saftys - Hope; Griffen
    CB - Harper; Finnagan (hill in the slot if he can handle it....)

than when the pac gets back...we are for real:

Safty - Hope; Griffen
    Cb - Pacman; Harper

....havent been able to say this since the time of (rolle, dyson, shulters etc..) but thats a 2nd-ary i can be proud of

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Give it up. Fisher likes Lamont, believes he has talent and will give him several chances, over and over. Mike is going to start mini-camps as a corner and special teamer.

In truth, they are looking at Pac not coming back. It makes me cringe to say that.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

no they are just preparin for the worst...note that if pac gets in trouble one more time or pleads guilty he is out.....

but trust me ....i no them mullet wants the pac back

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I will be pissed if we drafed a S to play CB. He has rarely if at all played CB his last couple years. Theres no reason to draft a top S for him to play CB thats bad coaching and drafting.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

im not concerned, guys fisher cant determine anything a few days after the draft, he hasnt even seen him in a practice uni yet, give the guy a break, lets wait til after camps, then we will talk about what position griffin is playing k?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar