The play when I knew it was over

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperFast3000GT

SuperFast3000GT Camp Fodder

Winning is winning.

2. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

the true words of a defeated vince young apologist.

3. SuperFast3000GT

SuperFast3000GT Camp Fodder

Whatever bud.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

....or Nate Washington ran the wrong route.
    Unless he never does that....because he never drops passes either.

I thought it was 2nd and 4 when he threw the long pass....and 2nd and 4 (or 2nd and 6) is a GOOD time for a shot down field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Totally agree with you on this.

We could replace every WR we have next year except Britt. And it is a stretch to believe Britt will be as good post injury.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We could, but we won't. Doesn't make sense to; we already have role receivers on the roster.

Williams and Washington are sure things for next year. Avery could be back and Mariani will stick around for at least another season.

We'll get Britt back and hopefully he can get back to pre-injury form. We'll probably grab a receiver in the draft..but where do we take him?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We'll pretty much have to go best player available in the draft because we have so many needs and so few (if any) elite players.

And yeah, I know we won't totally replace our receiving core, I'm just saying we could and there would be no difference in output.

8. theprizdfighter

That's what I figured. And I agree with you to an extent.

I really like DWill. If Britt had not gone down it would be easier for the whole team obviously, but DWill would have an easier time. Williams should be our future 2 and Britt 1..hopefully if Britt returns to form.

It would be nice to grab a good WR to add to the two mentioned above along with Washington, Avery and Mariani...but like you said we have to address our holes and decide each players value at the specific draft position compared to our needs.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Britt has proven to be either a season ending injury waiting to happen - or a league suspension waiting to happen. Either way, given his track record it's foolish to assume he'll be around to make any kind of difference at any point in the future - ever.
    This team needs new receivers - top to bottom.

10. theprizdfighter

I agree ^, except for your last sentence.

It's foolish to want a completely new receiving core because one is a second year player, another is known for inconsistency and drops, one known as Kenny Britt, one sucks and an overrated white punt returner.

Williams could be a star in the league, if he were given the right opportunities (team, system, QB, play time). Washington looked great when Britt was on the field. Mariani could become a decent slot guy, but he needs to get play time at there if he is ever going to have a chance. It'd also be foolish to not see if Britt can return to 100% and utilize him. We just need to make sure our depth has more quality for next year; that way if we have an injury we won't be scrambling for production.

Britt
    Williams
    Avery
    Washington
    drafted rookie
    Mariani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar