The Positives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ScotTitan, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I really enjoyed that game last night. The Saints were awful put that was there 3rd stringers.

- Taking care of the football and little penalties. Apart from two penalties from Terry(who is one of the largest men I've ever seen) we have done a nice job cutting out penalties and not turning over the ball. I think we were +8 in turnovers throughout the preseason.

- IMO our best three players were out last night. JJ,DM and CJ. I pray the first tw0 there can stay healthy this year as I think they will be a devastating tandum of DE's for this team. Last night the Dline did okay.

- Klug is awesome, I wasn't happy with the pick, but thats why I don't have a career in the NFL business. This guy is so blue collar and is gonna be a vital part of Munchaks team. The sack was awesome but he's always getting pressure up the middle, his handwork is incredible and makes up for his size in there. 5th round pick, looks more like a second rounder tbh.

- Campbell, the pass break up was beautiful and a vital stage in the Saints drive. He is so quick to react and has the speed and length to be an excellent DB in this league. First guy up the fied in ST's as well makes him an exciting player. Under no circumstance should he be anywhere near the PS.

QB's- Matt's dropbacks are very fast for an old man, we'll what happens in the real games but he looks like he is gettin a nice amount of time to throw. Locker is gonna be hard to keep out of the team. Unbelievable speed, has there ever been a faster white QB?

Linebackers - 6 strong LB's, McCarthy is amazing,another draft day steal. When he came in last night he ran the whole defense and posted some ridiculous stats. Looks to me to be a better player then Ruud but we'll see. Curran, McRath both did well last night, McRath is a little smaller for some reason.

WR- It's a crap shoot here, I feel for Curtis he made a nice route last nice, but went of injured. NW and KB will be the starters with DW in the slot. Hawkins, Gage and ??????????

Plenty to be excited about. I was watching first take though and the guy thats on with skip cant remember who was saying that he thinks the Titans are the worst team in the league and will get Andrew Luck next season. I'll have a glass of whatever he's having.

I think this team is a 9-7 team

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

It's because he's off the roids... sorry to say it but he pretty much all but vanished since...

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I know I'm biased since I'm a miami(the l_____u______l)fan but I love McCarthy and I'm pretty sure he will be our future MLB.

4. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

When we got McCarthy I felt the same way ! Being a fan of "the U" myself, I really felt like we got a steal in him, because he's one of the those grind it out...do whatever needs to be done" the guy has huge heart. He will definitely make have an impact on this team

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with you guys, and I'm not even a U fan. I have a feeling McCarthy will start next year after Ruud isn't resigned.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

McCarthy is why Ruud only got a 1 year deal from us.

7. mud

mud Locker Fan Boy

Yes it was a preseason game, yes it was against 2nd/3rd stringers, but I loved watching Locker this game... His rushing TD looked like an easy play, but not many guys in this league at QB have the quickness to shoot out of the pocket and beat the defense to the corner from that far out. His accuracy looked great. Most importantly, it was fun to watch.

When Jake was at UW, Husky stadium would tense up with excite every time a pocket collapsed waiting for Jake to make the play that made it worth the price of admission. I'm hoping he develops into that kind of play maker at the Pro Level (no easy feat), and if he does, Titans fans will have lots of celebrate.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Locker has been far and away the best rookie QB in the preseason. He really looks like he'll be a stud in this league. All the other positives are great, but they can't match what Locker has shown so far.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I just like the fact that we have 2 QB's now in case one goes down. It makes us a much more competitive team and really puts us in an ideal situation the next 2 years.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

QB - You're right about Hass' drop back speed for an old guy. Or maybe everyone looks fast when you you're used to seeing Kerry Collins :D Locker looked fantastic in pre season, real excited about him.

RB - I expect CJ to have a big year. Our play calling won't be as lame and the OL looks better.

WR - One of the biggest crap shoots. Hopefully Britt stays healthy. Washington is inconsistent and DWill still has something to prove. Gage & Hawkins are the same.

TE - I think Cookie is gonna have a big year. Stevens & Graham should come in during run sets.

OL - Same 5 starters as last year but for some reason I expect them to be better. They looked great throughout pre season. Some decent backups here too.

DL - Another crap shoot due to the health of JJ and Morgan. I really think we need them to stay healthy, or Ball/Hayes/Ford will be starting the majority of the year. I like the DT position, Smith is gonna be a steal signing and Klug is a real story to be a 5th round pick and win a starting job. Casey has looked good too.

LB - I like the trio of Ayers, Witherspoon & Ruud. Mcrath, Curran & Mccarthy are as good as backup options get. Ayers & Mccarthy, another two steals here.

DB - Probably the strongest position on the team. Finny, Verner & Mccourty look like a hell of a trio at CB. Campbell showed incredible skill and pace, another potential draft steal.

S - Griffin is the for sure starter but it'll be interesting to see what happens on the other side. Babs may beat Hope for a job and in that case, Hope would be cut due to his large salary. But that would leave us pretty thin depth wise, Fuller, Smith, Johnson and Rolle? (will see who makes the final cut).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar