The potential curve ball

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Scarecrow, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm not against, I've mentioned addressing MLB early before and think Ogletree is going to be a really good player. McCarthy can't stay healthy and even when he is I don't see him being the franchise MLB that I thought a year ago. If we sign that Jones guy then we'll probably pass on the position but it wouldn't surprise me if we did take him.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we're planning on our MLB being an intricate piece for us, we do need a solid plan-B, Tim Shaw at MLB is not good enough

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm still hoping we sign Brad Jones. I also really like A.J. Klein from Iowa State as our 4th round pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The only question I had about Klein was his overall athleticism but he ran 4.6 40 and bench 225 20 times so I'm satisfied with his athleticism. I wouldn't mind taking him with our 3rd or 4th round pick.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Just watched Alec Ogletree highlights..............BEAST.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

After limited playing time as a freshman in 2009, he became a starter in 2010 and was quickly a standout, registering 111 tackles, 8.0 tackles for loss and three interceptions (two returned for touchdowns), earning All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors. He followed that up two more remarkably statistically-similar campaigns, averaging 116.5 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and another interception, each of which he returned for a score.

CBS/Rob Rang says it best:

Excellent key and diagnosis skills. Reads the action and gets a jump-start, often beating blockers to the ball. Better than advertised speed to the flanks and in pursuit downfield and is a quick accelerator, able to slip through gaps to make plays at the line ofscrimmage. Scrapes the edge nicely, showing good balance and flexibility to dip under the reach of offensive linemen, turn quickly and close on the ball. Technically sound defender who extends his arms and delivers a blow to separate from would-be blockers before they have a chance to latch on. Reliable open-field tackler. Breaks down well and has the patience to wait for the ball-carrier to commit before making the secure wrap-up tackle. Alert in zone coverage. Reads the quarterback's eyes and shows a good understanding of route-development as well as the burst to close on the ball. Good ball skills. Shows some vision to set up blocks on the return and surprising open field running skills. Passionate defender who was voted a team captain as a junior and senior.

Reminds me of an AJ Hawk.

7. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Not that I want this to happen, but Tavon Austin at #10 is a possibility for our FO.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Didn't even read this before I posted a new thread about him. I really think there is a high possibility of this happening even though I'm still on the Warmack train.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have McCarthy's backup, his name is Karl Klug :brow:

10. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

Arthur Brown is by far my top linebacker prospect but I do think Ogletree could be had in the 2nd. I could honestly see Manti Te'o being the guy near the top of the 2nd if Ogletree isn't there because I seriously think Warmack is the pick at #10. I think MLB is looked at as a big need by the front office. I love McCarthy, but his health is a major concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar