The price of gas in your area

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I went from Nashville to just outside Smithville, TN (Center Hill Lake) for Labor Day weekend. I couldn't help but notice the dramatic difference in the price of gas.

In Nashville, it was around $2.80 for a gallon of regular on Friday. That same day, I saw a station in Smithville selling a gallon of regular for $2.50 (and other stations weren't far above). Those other stations even came down closer by Monday, but the prices were still much higher in Nashville when I got back. I live in Bellevue, so the price of gas is always a bit lower than in Nashville, but nothing like those differences.

So I was wondering how much other people outside of Nashville are paying for gas right now. Are other metropolitan areas just as high as we are? Are people who live in non-metropolitan areas seeing prices similar to what I saw in Smithville?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

about five minutes down the street is the closest gas station. it's about $2.65. if you go 15 minutes in the opposite direction it's about $2.80.

in jacksonville by the way.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I noticed the same.

It was $2.75 in Franklin and $2.39 just a few miles west of Kingston. Prices began to drop at Cookville going east.

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Damn you guys are lucky. Any where you go here it's over 3 dollars a gallon.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

its around 2.65 in Florida right now, I saw it for 2.59 about 15 minutes from my dorm on Sunday though

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

damn, we are paying around $1.40 a litre. A litre is about .20 of a gallon.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Yeah man living in New York is expensive.

8. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

It's about an average of $2.65 or so here in central Texas too.

Don't Australians measure in kangaroo pouches?!?:biglaugh:

:suspect:

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think you'll find that gasoline prices mirror most everything else. In metropolitan areas, a gallon is much higher than in rural places where the cost of living is lower and average salaries are lower.

A friend of mine knows old man Haslam (Pilot Oil) and he asked him how they determine gas prices because one of his stations in east Knoxville was cheaper than one in west Knoxville. Haslam just said "whatever the market will bear."

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'm from Delaware and prices were at 2.66 last i heard. I go to college in Anderson, SC and the price is 2.32...i'm loving it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar