The REAL NCCA Champion: BCS Tonight!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

tim tebow is a terrible qb. when the game was in doubt, what did he do? what he does best, turn into a fullback.

he was 0-for-however many deep balls he threw tonight and if it weren't for percy harvin the gators wouldn't have won(what else is new)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'll enjoy college football a lot more when he's not playing. I'm so sick and tired of everyone singing his praises to no extent. So what's next for Tebow's senior season? Will he raise the dead or will he part the Red Sea? Hell why not both?

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Its funny how people start to hate a player after the media falls in love with them. Tebow is a great kid, and is great for college football. If he comes back, he has a shot to be the greatest college football player ever. I hate FL, but I respect him. That being said....Utah has my vote too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great player or not we don't have to like him and that caca eating grin he has. I sang my praises of tebow over on titanscentral if anyone wants to read. The politics and religion board.

I hope he fails miserably in the pros.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Everyone here that says Utah has your vote...

You really think Utah would beat Florida?

SEC: 5/11 BCS championships!

BIG10, ACC, Pac10, Big12, BigEast: YOU SUCK! :grrhee:

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea and what bowl did Tennessee win? Oh wait... Teams who lose to Wyoming don't get invited to bowl games.

Would Utah beat Florida? I don't know but we'll never know. With the CURRENT BCS format if you go unbeaten, beat a team who was #1 most of the season, beat six bowl teams and two ranked teams and even though Michigan sucked they didn't know they would when they scheduled them. If we had a playoffs than maybe Florida does win it all but we don't and Utah went unbeaten.

He wont be the greatest player ever because he wasn't even the best QB in his own conference last season, the guy can't pass. And it's things like "If you spend just 5 minutes with Tebow your life will be better for it" lines that annoy me. The guy isn't Martin Luther King or Mother Teressa.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He was the best QB in the conference, dont be stupid. And he can pass and had a 65% completion percentage. And by your "cant throw" logic, I guess you dont have Vince or Tommie Frazier, or any guys like that on your short list of all time great college QBs, correct?

ANd have you ever met him? I think a lot of people are forming an opinion on him based on the media. That isnt the least bit fair to him. He might be a jerk, he might be a great guy. If you have never met him then how in the world do you know?

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Stafford is a much better passer than Tebow is. Tebow also missed all his deep throws which were wide open last night. And now Vince isn't on my short list for great college QBs. He had a great game but out of all the great college QBs I can easily think of 10 better than Young.

And I was quoting what the announcer said last night. He said "If you spend 5 minutes with Tebow you will be better for it." Honestly, quit kissing the guys ***.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont care if Stafford is a better passer, he is also a noted underachiever. How many games did you see Stafford play? Stafford is a lot more hype than he is production.

Tebow completed a higher % of passes, threw more TDs, and less INTs than STafford. Stafford had him on yards, but also had about 100 more passing attempts than Tebow.

And announcers get annoying, I get that. That isnt Tebow's, or any players fault that announcers talk about them in that type of manner.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's ok, I'm plenty proud of my Vols. They have as many BCS Championships as Ohio State.

And they play in the toughest and best conference in the NCAA BCS era, that's pretty cool too! :thumb:

As for the future, In Kiffin&Kiffin and Orgeron I trust!!

Just as I trust Ohio State's suckiness will be exposed for a fourth bowl game in a row next season!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar