The REAL NCCA Champion: BCS Tonight!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well ideally yes, but under the current BCS format Utah has impressive wins too and no losses so why not them?

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

One of the teams in the top 10 both Florida and Utah beat was Alabama. The others were Oklahoma and TCU. Funny enough, Oklahoma and TCU played each other, and Oklahoma won 35-10. That isnt "end of story" in the least.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What's your point? Utah also beat a team who beat USC.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Penn State also beat the team that beat USC 45-14, and Oregon beat the team that beat USC 63-38. So give me a break, upsets happen, Oregon State also got ran off the field twice, and was also beaten by a 5-7 Stanford team.

But my point is, if you are going to take into account that Utah beat 2 top 10 teams, then look at the teams. One of them was Alabama, who Florida also beat. The other was TCU, who Oklahoma blew out. So there is no "end of story".

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea upsets happen so lets just ignore it right? Who cares that they beat Oregon State? They beat USC but hey it happens. Oregon State also won their bowl game but who cares upsets happen.

Yea and OU did beat TCU so what? OU last I checked didn't win the championship. Utah beat EVERY team they played against. And if it's scores your looking at Utah beat Alabama in a much more impressive fashion than Florida did. Utah lost 0 games and beat some pretty good teams, sounds like end of story to me.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Utah beat Alabama without Andre SMith, and with their starting LT, who is normally the starting LG, getting injured in the first quarter. Essentially, Alabama played without the starting left side of their line. Florida beat a better Alabama team than Utah did. Not to mention, that was the biggest game in Utah's history. It wasnt even Alabama's biggest game out of their last 2, and was essentially a down point in their season to even be at that game. Utah is not the best team in the country, and did not have the most impressive season. I dont give a damn that they go unbeaten, when their wins were 25-23 over the worst Michigan team in history, 13-10 over a 4 win New Mexico team, etc etc. If Florida beat New Mexico 13-10, people would have a fit and basically treat it like a loss. Utah does it, and they should be national champions. Give me a break. Florida, USC, or Texas would run Utah off the field.

And I am not saying to ignore the fact the Utah beat Oregon state, and Oregon state beat USC. I am saying, put it in the proper perspective. When people talk about Oregon state they treat it like Oregon state only played 2 games all year, and one was a win over USC and the other a loss to Utah. The fact of the matter is, is that Oregon state was an inconsistent 4 loss team who was embarrassed twice this season. Lets not make out Utah's win over Oregon St as something that it isnt. Oregon state is not a top tier team or top tier program. They are an average BCS conference team that happened to pull out one big upset.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not really. i'd say the 2005 fiesta bowl to have their first 13-0 season was their biggest in Utah's history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar