The Real Problem With Lendale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Texas_Titan_1, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

Or maybe the fact that he is overweight! And FYI I never said he sucked, I actually believe he is the best back we have. Also you should read my post carefully so you don't miss quote me. I did not say he "looked faster in college" I said he was "quicker" in college, and this is not based on the visual allusion of his speed that comes when you look at a player being chased by college athletes vs video of a player being chased by pro athletes. It is based on his footsteps only. In case you don't know what I mean, which is obvious, cut a small square out of a piece of cardboard hold it over the monitor and just watch video of his feet movement in college and in the pros. You can then see the number of steps he takes within a certain distance and you will realize that yes, he was in fact quicker in college than he is now. It has nothing to do with the level of competition, but everything to do with his physical conditioning. Example: Vince lookes just as fast now as he did in college even though he is not playing against "Lesser Opponents".

And what do you think you are, yet somehow your opinion is much greater than everyone elses. And no you don't have to buy it. You also don't have to buy the fact that the world is round just because someone shows you evidence of it. Do what you wish, but it is what it is.

I did not call him lazy. I am mearly pointing out the fact that he is not in as good of shape as he has been in the past. Also it would be quite possible for him to start even if he was lazy. Example: It is well known by us GoTitan panel of experts as well as NFL coaches that Randy Moss is lazy and takes plays off, but he still starts because he is talented. I never questioned lendales talents because i am a big fan of him. I mearly pointing out that he is not as productive as he could be based on his weight.

There is no doubt in my mind that ledale ran hard and busted his ***. Yes he didn't produce as much as many would have liked, but the fact is that he (or anybody else) produces their best when they are in the best shape.

As I said earlier "IMO your IMO sucks!!!" It is not internet bashing but an objective evaluation of his physic and performance on the field.

Thank goodness you were not invited.!!!

You may not agree with me and that is your right, just like it is my right that I did not agree with you.

However the facts remain the same:

FACT #1. Lendale is not in as good of shape as he was in college. This has been said by people in the NFL and not just those on these boards.

FACT #2. Physical fitness and conditioning do play a major role in every athletes production, wheather it be football, basketball, track, or tennis.

FACT #3. That this quote "but being overweight is a non-issue" - titanbouy is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time.

FACT #4. Him being overweight is an issue, not just for us here on go titans, but for the titans coaching staff. They were the one who discussed this very issue at the begining of trainging camp. Hence the reason that I said your IMO sucks, because it is clearly WRONG.

Attached Files:

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:pop:

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Sorry Ewk. I don't do the internet flame war thing.

Sorry Tex, I'm not biting. I could critique your post bit by bit, but honestly I just don't care enough to be bothered.

Your post reminds me of a chinese proverb though:

"It is easiest to perceive things the way we wish them to be."

One of my favourites.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Texas...1st off your opinion is subjective. It is well known that Moss by us GoTitan panel of experts as well as NFL coaches that Randy Moss is lazy and takes plays off, but he still starts because he is talented?

No way dipwad. 9 out of 10 FF owners diasgree with you Holmes. Moss only has that rep when he's playing for teams who's chances are in the toilet regardless of how he approaches the game.

Squatting & dead lifts give RB's explosive power.

Seriously if your in shape in the gym a few extra pounds is not an issue over short yardage. Lendale does not run like he means it. I don't agree with titanbuoy's opinion but I wouldn't call him out as stupid either.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Memo to the world.

Stay away from the keyboard when consuming alcohol.:
    rolleyes:

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

To me the fact of the matter is that LenDale isnt going to hit over 100 yards more than 3 games at most this season, hes slower and needs to drop weight, the positive is that he will get into the end zone. In the off season I see a big transformation in this offense, and if LenDale is going to be a part of it, he will have to drop 15 lbs of the gut and add 15 of muscle between the arms and legs to get those extra yards, this will get him in shape and possibly give him a burst through the hole. I give him this chance because I dont feel Turner works well in the offense, hes good, dont get me wrong, but I want to see him start in the regular season when he isnt the only one out there with fresh legs in a game thats already over, the only RB that Id pick up in a heartbeat is Marion Barber III.
    LenDale CAN be a good back in this league, he was great in college, he just has to be committed.

7. Titanics

Titanics Guest

Out of shape or not, LenDale will continue to be the primary ball carrier for the Titans. His starting status looked in jeopardy after his costly fumble against the Falcons, but he got the bulk of carries at Tampa and Chris Brown had his issues handling the ball.

I had heard earlier that Fisher said Chris Henry should be active in the future, especially if Chris Brown misses time. Any word on this?

8. NoDak Titan

NoDak Titan Camp Fodder

As soon as LenDale rushes for 100 and a TD all will be forgiven and forgot in Titans Land, give it a rest guys we have other issues as well that need fixin', I believe that play calling is the most crutial improvement that we need to make. Run, Run, Pass... yeah, that's fooling everybody!!

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ur right ....5 games of evidence is not enough....hes averaging a pathetic 2 something yards per carry....not just last game but all through (he even kinda stuggled that day against jax whent the holes were so big all u neeed was speed to get through (brown has speed.......he ran thruogh em for 9.2 average....white couldnt even get a 4 yards per carry average that game (3.6).... r u tellin me thats not proof).....to get a 2. average u basically gotta take teh ball take those first few steps to the line and fall....

this is not a bandwagon...this is an analysis...im not saying he cant change it around....but seruosly think about what ur saying

10. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

Our running game is a problem no doubt and of course LW has some issues. He looks nothing like he did in college and isn't living up to expectations. Our offense as a whole is sputtering and its not great. VY was doing a pretty decent job passing the ball against Tampa. No it wasn't outstanding and I was hoping to see him move the ball himself some more but thats the past. I'd like to see Paul Williams and Chris Davis get some more catches and get more involved in the offense. I'd like to see alot more production from our TEs as well. A huge issue though I'm seeing so far is that we are not closing games and its killing me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar