The return game is killing us

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Devin,you will not have your crown for long(if he stays).

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Need to see the Griff Until Pac returns

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How can people watch a clip like the one above and say pacman isn't just as good as Devin Hester?

4. desfletcher316

I for one didn't. I just said he's better than him. He seems to have a few more moves.;)

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Pac's more agile for sure. Or, maybe he just has to use more moves because the blocking isn't near as good? Hester usually makes one cut then it's a straight shot to the endzone.

6. desfletcher316

Thats just what i was thinking.Pac definately covers more ground and makes more people miss.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Pac is a Beast, plain and simple. It is a wonder to me how some might say we are better off without him on the team. Teams have no worry about us in the return game anymore. The fact that teams would have to try to kick to the sideline or squib kick it, can lead to a change in field position by at least 10-20 yrds. That's called the "PAC Factor"

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It has been frustrating. But I blame most of this on the other teams punters. They've been really god against us this year. I can never remember this many 50 yard punts against us in the past. And then to make it worse, we add few boneheaded penalties like in the Colts game. It has been very frustrating to say the least, and when we get down there, we may get lucky and have pass play called to make it out. Otherwise we hit the ground for punting room, and that's just giving up most of the time. But honestly, most of these punts have been huge punts by the punters.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

PSJ.....

speaking of these booming punts.....when teams have a dangerous return man, they are hestitant about out punting the coverage and allowing the return man room to operate...

when a team has a bunch of bumbling idiots back to catch the punt, they are not afraid to let 'er rip.....

i predict that the difference between a win and loss on sunday will be how well we can avoid and/or manage drives that start inside our own 10....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar