The return game is killing us

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

:werd:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I will agree with you on that. Many punts are shortened by a good return man.

For gameday reference, the SD punts:
    M.Scifres punts 58 yards to TEN 22, Center-D.Binn. C.Barclay to TEN 28 for 6 yards (K.Osgood).

M.Scifres punts 60 yards to TEN 14, Center-D.Binn. C.Barclay to TEN 23 for 9 yards

M.Scifres punts 37 yards to TEN 25, Center-D.Binn, fair catch by C.Barclay.

M.Scifres punts 46 yards to end zone, Center-D.Binn, Touchback.

M.Scifres punts 47 yards to TEN 33, Center-D.Binn, out of bounds.

M.Scifres punts 44 yards to TEN 39, Center-D.Binn. C.Barclay to SD 42 for 19 yards

M.Scifres punts 39 yards to TEN 1, Center-D.Binn, downed by SD-K.Osgood.

M.Scifres punts 51 yards to TEN 2, Center-D.Binn, downed by SD-A.Cromartie.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no he doesn't. he looks like a squirrel trying to cross the road when he returns punts.

4. Morph

Morph Revolution

Well, when/if (I'm sure he will) Pac returns...I hope he's in good shape still and can still put the 'moves' on them....go Pacman! lol

As for the rest of the season..however long it may last...I honestly dunno who would be best to stick back there on KR/PRs. I mean, Griffin is good but if you have him doing it then you risk injuring one of your best DB. I think leaving Chris Henry or Barclay would probably be best for now. After all, CH was one of the fastest players at the combind this last year...if he could just get some of those 'moves' and some decent blocking then I think he would be a pretty good return man.

No one we have right now is gonna come close to pac though.

5. reo

reo Starter

Pac has a lot more lateral quickness and agility than Hester but after watching Hester more I think he's just really really good at setting up his blocks.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Finally, people are slowly but surely coming to their senses...

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The Titans with Pacman: 8-8

The Titans without Pacman: 10-6

The Titans are a better TEAM without Pacman.

Hester is amazing and better than Pacman. Pacman may have better jukes, but he also had those ball deflections off his facemask too. But based on Hester's performance, I say he's better.

Our Return game needs to improve for sure, but Pacman doesn't have to be the only answer to fix this problem. Drafting a 4th or 5th round burner strictly for KR/PR duties is another possible solution. Also, adding a potential free agent returner if one becomes available.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We're not a better team without Pacman.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Bullcrap. We need those motivational outings to strip clubs for morale.

All jesting aside we are definintly not better without him. We would be better Boy Scouts, but all in all PacMan is too valuable as a corner and a returner to be better without him. Teaming him with Finnagan or Harper would give us a great duo and the kick return skills he has would help out offense.

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I would LOVE to have Pacman back. But maybe in the draft and free agency we would ALSO focus on acquiring someone to handle return duties that is just as lethal. Special teams accounts for right at a third of the game. Maybe drafting DeSean Jackson would help or signing Berriman. It would help the O tremendously by improving field position and stretching the field taking the safeties out of the box and help the running game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar