The Rundown: Top 10 Wide Recievers in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Top 10 Wide Recievers in the NFL

1. Marvin Harrison- Hall of Famer for sure, was in the top 5 in receptions and receiving yards and reciving touchdowns. Peyton Manning may have made him look good, or he might have made peyton look good, the world will never know.

2. Chad Johnson- probably 1 of the 2 only bengals i would trust to drive me home after practice, the other being carson palmer, everyone knows his antics off the field, a straight up funny guy. aside from that he had 87 rec and nearly 1400 yds recieving...

3. Torry Holt- maybe the best reciever in the nfl, but when you have a team that does nothing but play offense, getting 93 rec and 1200 yds isnt as amazing as it should be...

4. Roy Williams- highest yds per reception average in the NFL, baisically made up all of the Lions offesne. 1300 yards receiving to go along with a lacking 82 receptions gets him the 4 spot.

5. Steve Smith- not in the top 10 neccisarly because of his stats, but because he has something i like to call the "Jordon Factor" which means when he is in the game, defenses have to change there playcalling completely just because of how much of a factor he is.

6. Andre Johnson- led the league in receptions with a whopping 103, im pretty sure every pass david carr got a chance to put up, before he was smashed into the mud, and stepped on, was caught by Andre, only problem was, he only had time to go about 2 or 3 yards before the ball was thrown, that might have hurt him on the recieving yards stat catagory, still gets a 6 on my list tho.

7. Reggie Wayne- 3rd in the league in receptions and yards, played across from Harrison which made him slide, and was catching balls thrown from Manning which also dropped him a few spots on the list.

8. Donald Driver- Favre's Number 1 target, and he had to have good hands to be catching 100 MPH footballs thrown right at his chest. great numbers in 2006-07.

9. Anquan Boldin- not much to be said about this guy, keeps his mouth shut, doesnt complain, got the marvin harrison mentallity. 83 rec, and 1200 yards not bad either.

10. Marquis Colston- Yes, marquis colston, the rookie out of hofstra, shockingly amazing season in 06-07, racking up 70 rec, nearly 1050 yards, and 8 TD's. didnt get much help on the rest of the recieving core, which gets him in the top 10.

Shoulda Coulda Woulda's: Terrell Owens- to many drops, Lee Evans- great season but maybe not advertised enough... Isaac Bruce- only 3 TD's????
    Javon Walker- had everything it took to crack the top 10, except for receptions.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

larry fitzgerald is such a better WR than colston.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

1. Torry Holt - best there is. No one is more consistantly great.

2. Steve Smith - fairly new on the scene, but he single handedly made the Panthers a contender. Look at the games he missed this season.

3. Roy Williams - was the Lions offense. Bad qb play and still studly stats.

4. Chad Johnson - great stats, but inconsistant. He blew up in 2 games this year to get a large chunk of those stats. Also benefits from Carson Palmer heavily.

5. Marvin Harrison - old reliable, but he isn't scaring anyone nowadays.

6. Andre Johnson - athletic freak, demanded a constant double and had to switch up to mostly shorter routes lately with the Texans' struggles. Not sure he wouldn't be a top 2 or 3 player if the Texans didn't blow.

7. Anquan Boldin - uninspiring pick. Has all the stats. Plus I love a guy that had great production in college but was passed up for a bad combine.

8. Javon Walker - remember this guy was arguably one of the top 3 or 4 guys just a couple years ago before his injury. It looks like he came back from it 100 percent. I expect that, with Cutler's development, he'll return to 1300+ yards this coming year.

9. Larry Fitzerald - sure handed, great leaper, runs great routes, blocks, and everyone forgets that he is so very young still. Stud for a long time to come, but his stats suffer from Arizona's qb play and splitting catches with Anquan.

10. Donald Driver - here based on his great production of late. But let's face it, that is more a product of Favre locking onto his favorite target than him getting open. His presence on the Packers doesn't really elevate them like a top 10 receiver should, but you can't argue with the last 3 seasons he's put up.

I tihnk I put Colston 12th behind Wayne at 11 right now. He had a shortened rookie campaign, but the sample size is too small. Let's keep in mind that the Saints offense was pretty sick this year and their receivers were afforded much 1 on 1 coverage.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Where's Drew Bennett?

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

the way the FO thinks about WRs, we'll never be on this kind of list.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No no no and no.

didn't get much help from the rest of the receiving core? Drew Brees had the most yards in the NFL.

2 x 700 yards receivers (one from Devery Henderson who played only 13 games) and 600 from Joe Horn who missed 6 games.

If that isn't much help I don't know what is.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Both lists are solid...

Either harrison or holt have to be at the top. 2008 is right about harrison not scaring people as much but my goodness 95 catches for 1300 yards and he did that at age 34!

Hines ward got jobbed. As consistent as he has been over the years and with all the good things he does for that team i would have him ahead of walker, colston, driver or even andre johnson.

Holt
    Harrison
    Williams
    c. Johnson
    Ward
    Smith
    Bouldin
    Driver
    A johnson
    Fitzgerald

How would you like to be matt lienart with 2 top 10 Wrs and a top 10 RB?

8. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Once the original poset said that Roy Williams was the whole Lions offense I stopped reading. Ever hear of Mike furrey? Clearly you have not. BTW, Marques Colsten has no room in the top 10.

9. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

how is derrick mason not on the list

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you might as well add SEC 330 BIPOLAR to it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar