The Saints are coming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dome patrol, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dome patrol

dome patrol Camp Fodder

Thanks for the civil replies and I know we'll have a blast. What time do bars shut down usualy, 2AM? We'll also be looking for something to do during the day Saturday -- exploring the city and such. Any recommendations for that kind of stuff? Is the Vanderbilt area worth a look?

2. dome patrol

dome patrol Camp Fodder

Also you guys feel free to ask any questions pertaining to the game this Sunday and I'll do my best to answer them. I've missed one game since 2000 and have been watching ever since I could remember.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Missed one game in person?

4. dome patrol

dome patrol Camp Fodder

Heh I've missed one home game in person (Arizona game the year I turned 21 we planned a Vegas trip that weekend) and watched all the others on TV. I wish I was balling enough to catch every game live!

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I saw you are not a Country Music fan, BUT, I still suggest, for one of the nights you are in town....

Start at the corner of 3rd and Broadway, head into Legends Corner to hear the live music. Then head from 3rd to 2nd, popping in on the other live music bars. Country or rock, the musical talent you see and hear in these places will spoil you forever. Nothing in other cities I have visited even approach it. Usually the live entertainment lasts for 2 hours per set, with a change in musicians afterwards. No cover charges, all you are out is beer money.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, gotta agree with Cheesehead. If you think there is even a remote chance this will be your only trip to Nashville you need to hit up some of the country bars downtown. Just to say you experienced it.

It'd be like me going to New Orleans and not doing the Bourbon Street thing. I'm not a big country music fan myself. But I still typically have a good time at those places downtown. And hell, if you get in there and hate it just leave. You'll only be out a cover charge (if there even is one).

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No better way to get over a Saints loss than drinking your troubles away at a country bar in Nashville.... :brow:

8. CheeseheadTitan

Actually there is not a cover charge...not unless it has changed recently. You are only out beer money...and the bands will pass around a bucket for money (voluntary).

9. dome patrol

dome patrol Camp Fodder

Agreed. As New Orleanians, bar hopping and drinking is right up our alley as well. The 25 degree lows, however, is not! Thinking about stopping in Lynchburg and hitting up the Jack Daniel's distillery...I've read some really great reviews even though there's no tastings.

10. CheeseheadTitan

Just realize you are about two hours or so (some on some pretty windy roads) from Nashville. That said, getting down in that area (Monteagle, Cumberland Plateau) allows for some pretty cool looking landscapes (foothills).

While in the area I believe you could run by the George Dickel distillery in Manchester as well...not sure if they have tastings either though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar