The season never unfolds like we think

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't know about everyone but I had the Titans at 3-2 at this point of the season. But I chalked up the Steelers and Broncos as wins with losses at New York and Dallas.

Now that we have some idea of who has something this season, how do you think it'll shake out?

at Jacksonville - if Garrard is on his game, it'll be tough. W
    PHILADELPHIA - giving up big to the run. W
    at San Diego - may get 500 passing yards on the Titans. L
    at Miami - on the road after the bye week. L
    WASHINGTON - tough one but Fisher owns the NFC. W
    at Houston - not confident they can slow that SD passing game. L
    JACKSONVILLE - yup. W
    INDIANAPOLIS - very winnable. W
    HOUSTON - revenge. W
    at Kansas City - unless the start is a fluke, they're tough at home. L
    at Indianapolis - it may mean something this time. If not, W.

I'll take 10. Tough part are the tie-breakers. Titans already down to Steelers who should win 10 or more. So should whoever ends up second in the AFC East.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 15
  3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Vick will rush for 150 on us. we can't beat vick

4. pettso

pettso Starter

I had the Titans at 4-1 with our only loss to Dallas. I'm pretty sure most people chalked up the Steelers game as a win without Big Ben. Which I still think it should have been. We could easily have been 5-0 at this point but mistakes are part of the game.

As for the future...

at Jacksonville - We should win both against the Jags, we're far more talented. W.
    PHILADELPHIA - Depends on if Vick plays I think. W against Kolb, L against Vick.
    at San Diego - Chargers are on the slide, they just lost to the Raiders and their running game is almost nonexistent. W
    at Miami - Close, low scoring game. L.
    WASHINGTON - Not sure what to think of the Redskins right now... guessing W.
    at Houston - In Houston will be tough. L.
    JACKSONVILLE - W.
    INDIANAPOLIS - W at home.
    HOUSTON - W at home.
    at Kansas City - Like the Redskins, I can't tell if they're for real, on the road though. L.
    at Indianapolis - If the game means something, L.

And we end the season at 9-7 or 10-6 based on Vick/Kolb. :p

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm sticking with my 16-0 prediction. I put in a protest to have the Denver and Steeler games overturned because both teams are an embarassment to the nfl shield.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

at Jacksonville - I think we're finally picking up momentum, and if you look at the point differential between us and the Jaguars its extremely lobsided in our favor. Makes me think they aren't actually an above .500 team and are a product of an easy schedule. Win.

PHILADELPHIA - If Mike Vick plays, the game will be a lot closer than it can be if he doesn't. That said Pass D is our weakness on Defense, and I don't think Vick can exploit it enough to beat us. Win.

at San Diego - San Diego seems to always start slow than win 10 in a row to make the playoffs. Unfortunately we're on there schedule somewhere in the next 10 games. Loss.

at Miami - 2 Weeks to prepare for Miami, tough team but I think we pull it out. Win.

WASHINGTON - I've seen every Skins game this season, this team has some SERIOUS issues offensively. We should win this one no excuses. Win.

at Houston - VY undefeated vs Houston. I still think they're a .500 team this season. Win.

JACKSONVILLE - Don't see them coming to CAshville and Winning. Win

INDIANAPOLIS - We're splitting with the Colts this season, I'm convinced. So I'll give both teams a win at home. Win

HOUSTON - Win.

at Kansas City - There start IS a fluke. I say beat someone good, SD in the first 5 weeks doesn't count. Win.

at Indianapolis - Indy will be playing for something, so will we. Loss.

Final: 12-4
    At Worst: 10-6

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Kolb is the type of qb that could kill us. He's a short quick accurate thrower ever since college. That looks to be a weakness of our defensive scheme. We may have to tighten up if he starts and dare him to go deep.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I had us at 4-1 with a loss to the Giants.

at Jacksonville - W - This could be a blowout... no reason we shouldn't dominate them (both games).
    PHILADELPHIA - W - We won't go 0-3 at home. Not happening.
    at San Diego - W - Chargers suck. They can pass for 400 yards on us all they want. They'll still lose. Terrible coaching, terrible running game, mediocre defense. I already guaranteed this win, so I'm not backing down from it.
    at Miami - W - I have no idea why everyone seems to think we will lose this one.
    WASHINGTON - L - I think the Redskins will match up well against us and give us trouble on both sides of the ball.
    at Houston - W - Lately, they have looked about as good as they had been in their previous 8 seasons.
    JACKSONVILLE - W - they'll be around 5-6 and in must-win mode. Unfortunately (for them), they suck and will lose. Might as well go ahead and fire Del Rio.
    INDIANAPOLIS - L - We will have a better record than them as they fight to stay in the playoff hunt. Game will come down to the final drive... very close.
    HOUSTON - W - they'll be back to 8-8 football by right about here.
    at Kansas City - W - they'll be back to some 2004-2009 Chiefs football style.
    at Indianapolis - W - The Colts will have been eliminated from playoff contention by this time. We will have the division won, but will be fighting for a higher seed in the playoffs (and will get the #3 seed).

One way or another I think we finish 11-5. I just threw in an extra W because I didn't know which other ones to chalk up as losses.

Yea, I'm saying we win our division... we've looked like the best team in the AFC South so far IMO... and I don't think that's me being a homer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I had us at 3-2 after the first 5 games, with losses to the Giants and Cowboys..

at Jacksonville - W. We will make them one dimensional and Garrard can't beat us.
    PHILADELPHIA - W. Doesn't matter who plays at QB, this game is at home and therefore gives us a slight edge.
    at San Diego - W. Is it finally safe to say that we can finally beat the Chargers?
    at Miami - W. They are just not a scary team to me at all.. QB issues
    WASHINGTON - W. This game shouldn't present any problems at all.
    at Houston - L. We will lose this game and our winning streak finally ends. However, Vince tends to play really good down in Houston.
    JACKSONVILLE - W. This will be a blowout :)
    INDIANAPOLIS - L. Manning will get a messed up call that goes his way and ends up leaving Nashville with a W
    HOUSTON - W. This will be a shootout that we end up pulling off.
    at Kansas City - W. Improved team, but i don't see us getting beat by them.
    at Indianapolis - L. The Colts are actually going to need this game.

So we end the season 11-5, but only if we play our game

Also, Pacman 4 HOF, what is your obsession with Vick?

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why do we never get the luxury of playing San Diego in the first five weeks of the season? :grr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar